Givaudan is the global leader in the creation of fragrances and flavours. In close collaboration with food, beverage, consumer goods and fragrance partners, Givaudan develops tastes and scents that delight consumers the world over. With a passion to understand consumers’ preferences and a relentless drive to innovate, Givaudan is at the forefront of creating flavours and fragrances that ‘engage your senses’. The company achieved sales of 4.4 billion in 2013. Headquartered in Switzerland with local presence in 80 countries, the company has 9,500 employees worldwide. Givaudan invites you to discover more at www.givaudan.com
We are looking to for a Food Technologist or Flavor Scientist for Savoury Applications in Ngeria - Lagos. The primary focus of this position is to execute daily brief-related tasks and apply knowledge during the flavour selection, evaluation and application development. Serve as technical expert and advisor to marketing, sales, flavour creation, and customers for specific savoury applications. Sounds interesting? It could well be your perfect opportuity if, like us you always aim to exceed customer needs, deliver value and are skilled at fostering strong relationships. In this exciting role you will:
- Providing technical support to customers (directly) or through project briefs, including the recommendation of flavours and technical information on application issues.
- Prepare, organize, and/or execute state-of-the-art flavoured food products for customer presentations
- Recommend optimal flavours for customer projects according to all relevant requirements (taste profile, legislation, technical suitability, costs, etc) and maintain the flavour collections
- Develop new application recipes as well as new concepts for customers, based on new developments in the market, trends, new raw materials
- Work strictly according to the company requirements for optimal safety, hygiene and protection of the environment
- Act as independent project leader for all allocated projects
- Report results in concise way in support of WinRate and sales.
- Arrange and conduct tasting sessions, process and interpret the results to customers and internally
- Take responsibility for technical customer communication to achieve a positive outcome of projects.
- Leverage on new technologies for submissions to customers and also identify new opportunities.
- Provide support and exchange information on flavour performance, food recipes with other Givaudan sites
- Maintain the product portfolio and support the local librarian sensory evaluations
- Able to travel in the Sub-Saharan African region.
Are you someone who wants to grow and shape your own world? Who thrives being in a culture where you can express yourself in a creative team environment? Who wants to collaborate and work in a team as passionate as you are? Then come join us - and impact your world.
Your professional profile includes:
- Diploma/Degree in food science / technology
- 3 – 5 years Senior Product Development Experience in the Savoury segment
- Practical experience in food product development, manufacturing and flavour applications
- Well-developed olfactory and sensory skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)
- Computer Skill MS Office based programs with emphasis on Excel, Power Point and Word
- Team-focussed work style, whilst being able to work independently
- Ability to balance both analytical and intuitive thinking
- Ability to work in complex matrix organisation
- Hands-on work style with a Winning personality
- Ability to gather the know-how from other units
- Passion for food technology, culinary trends and innovation
Method of Application
To apply, visit Givaudan Career Page on Success Factors
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.