The Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON) is the umbrella professional organization of Gynaecologists and Obstetricians in Nigeria. It was inaugurated in April 1965 and formally registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission as a Non-Government Organization in 1999, RC No. 2156. It is an affiliate member of the International Federation of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) and the African Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (AFOG). Its members are distributed across the 36 states and the Federal Capital Territory of Nigeria and outside the country.
SOGON has a vision that Nigerian women achieve the highest possible standards of physical, mental, reproductive and sexual health and wellbeing throughout their lives.
SOGON works with the Federal Ministry of Health, International Development Partners, other professional bodies and non-governmental organizations in Nigeria.
SOGON is partnering with Jhpiego to implement a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funded project Maternal and Child Survival Program - (MCSP) in Ebonyi and Kogi State. Hence, We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below in Abuja:
- The M&E officer is responsible for all M&E related activities of SOGON/MCSP.
- S/he will work with other program officers to ensure program activities are promptly carried out as expected and embark on program evaluation as may be required for SOGON/MCSP.
- The M&E / IT Officer shall collect both routine and survey data to be used to monitor and evaluate project activities, outcomes and impact.
- S/he will collect, update and keep membership data.
- The Job holder will also provide support for the IT services and library of the Association.
The specific functions for the M & E /IT Officer shall include:
- Support the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation policies and strategies
- Design of M & E framework, tools, plans and guidelines
- Develop an efficient data track and reporting system
- Support monitoring activities to project sites, collation of data and analysis of data
- Provide feedback to program officers and ensure data are used for decision making
- Conduct routine monitoring and supportive supervisory visits, including the conduct of data verification and validation and data quality assessments (DQAs) using standard checklists.
- Conduct operational research activities and participate in project assessments, evaluations and report writing
- Relate and collaborate with other organizations on monitoring and evaluation issues.
- Develop and maintain SOGON electronic membership database
- Develop and maintain SOGON e-library facilities
- Applicants must have a University degree in any of the following or related field; Computer Science, Statistics, Health Management Information, Public health and Epidemiology and other health related disciplines.
- A Master's Degree in Public Health will be an advantage.
- She/he must have experience working with service providers and record officers in health facilities and have good writing skills.
- A minimum of 3-year working experience especially in a donor funded environment is desired.
- S/he must have excellent knowledge and use of computer soft-wares for data analysis, particularly Excel, Epi-Info, SPSS or STATA.
- Experienced in management of web site and /or e-library will be an added advantage
Negotiable but within prevailing range in the country.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit (by only one attachment), a detailed CVs and Letter of application with subject title "Monitoring and Evaluation / IT Officer-Abuja", to email address firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should be addressed to the Secretary General, Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics of Nigeria (SOGON).
Note: Shortlisted candidates will be invited for Interview thereafter with a view to engaging the best candidate who will be expected to resume duty as soon as possible.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale