If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) is an American public multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of products and services predominantly related to computing through its various product divisions. Established on April 4, 1975 to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for the Altair 8800, Microsoft rose to dominate the home computer operating system market with MS-DOS in the mid-1980s, followed by the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems. Microsoft would also come to dominate the office suite market with Microsoft Office. The company has diversified in recent years into the video game industry with the Xbox and its successor, the Xbox 360 as well as into the consumer electronics and digital services market with Zune, MSN and the Windows Phone OS. In May 2011, Microsoft Corporation acquired Skype Communications for $8.5 billion dollars.
The Licensing Sales Specialist (LSS) is a sales role that works as part of the Microsoft Account Team as a specialist resource to translate customer software requirements into licensing solutions. Success in the role includes growing the licensing annuity business, closing deals within guidance, and increasing customer satisfaction. This success is measured by meeting or exceeding sales objectives such as: revenue, deal renewal, up sell/cross sell and services attach. Success also depends upon efficiency and effectiveness in the contracting process and mastering the operational complexities required to get deals billed.
- Create and propose Volume Licensing solutions to Microsoft’s largest Enterprise customers.
- Define and negotiate the commercial terms in collaboration with the Account Manager in order to close deals successfully.
- Build internal and partner support for commercial details; manage key stakeholders to meet critical deadlines.
- Manage deals through the contracting process until processed and invoiced, ensuring revenue is booked on time.
- Consult with Sales Teams and Sales Management on key licensing strategies and opportunities.
- Create and manage a licensing territory plan designed to achieve key sales objectives and contribute the licensing strategy as part of the Account Planning process.
- Contribute to the licensing community by sharing best practices and insights on sales execution.
- Seasoned sales and negotiation professional, unafraid of conflict
- Positive attitude and a passion for working with customers and partners
- Comfortable speaking at all organisational levels, from the CxO to the procurement/purchasing teams
- Experienced in establishing trusted advisor/strategic consultant relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Skilled at quickly building deep relationships with customer procurement officers
- Able to explain complex solutions; skilled at simplifying the complex
- Strategic, long-term thinker able to analyse data to identify trends, risks and opportunities
- Team player and collaborative – high performing individualists will not be successful
- In-depth and strategic understanding of Microsoft licensing programs will be essential but not required at hiring
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on Microsoft Career Website