SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
Analytical and actionable Liaison between Plant and Logistics Operations. Develop a margin optimized demand & supply plan. Develop and implement costing and routing models for existing and prospective customers. Create planning metrics. Analyze transportation and distribution methods and processes for optimal delivery of customer freight that meets established service and cost requirements. Leverage IT solutions to schedule and coordinate the distribution of cement in the most economically advantageous manner based on transport mode and operating capabilities
The performance in this role will help build a strong network between the plants, transporters, and distribution centers and customers sites needed for a sustainable competitive advantage.
MAIN ACTIVITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plan master production /distribution schedule with production team/distribution team of each plant
- Develop/ Implement and continuous review of costing and routing models for customers to maximize profitability.
- Lead Logistics systems/processes projects (TMS,CDS,DMS,IVMS, EFIS) to improve efficiency, speed, quality of transportation services and overall cost to serve
- Lead efficiency across the entire Logistics pipeline by monitoring delays and work with relevant stakeholders to address
- Develop/implement supply chain risk management and contingency plan
- Manage Rail distribution development projects
- Cross Functional: Plant , Sales , Finance teams