Clinical HIV/AIDS Specialist, Kebbi
The objective of the Clinical HIV/AIDS Specialist position is to manage the Pro-ACT-ACT State continuum of Clinical care Program (Basic palliative care [BPC] including the management of opportunistic infections and prophylaxis for adults and children; pediatric ART; adult ART; Management of TB/HIV Co-infection; and PMTCT programs in a manner that strengthens state and local government systems and technical capacity for sustainable HIV/AIDS prevention and control efforts.
* Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State PRO-ACT project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
* Take lead in the establishment of comprehensive HIV/AIDS and TB care and treatment services in the state
* Take lead in building the capacity of health workers (didactic, mentoring etc.) in all the technical areas so they are able to provide the said clinical HIV/AIDS services.
* Liaise with the State Logistics Specialist to monitor ARV and OI drug stocks in the State and ensure timely procurement and distribution.
* Liaise with the M&E Specialist to ensure programmatic components of the M&E system are functionalized. (clarity of indicators, PMM and other tools to HF staff, data quality audits, reporting etc.)
* Identify and flag human resource needs including technical assistance/consultants
* Manage the roll-out of the project clinical quality assurance program in the state ensuring SOPs and job aids are available at points of use and quality audits are conducted periodically
* Assist the STL to coordinate the establishment of a state technical and administrative supervisory system for all implementing partners.
* Participate in activities to extend/expand the PRO-ACT project to other health facilities, communities and States.
* Represent MSH PRO-ACT project at the state level on matters of CC&T.
* Network with other State Government, CSO and community partners in the State to establish a functional referral system for clients between clinical and community-based HIV/AIDS services.
* Document programmatic achievements and keep the State Team Leader informed on monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
* Post graduate degree in Medicine or Public Health.
* Significant program experience in Reproductive and Child Health, HIV/AIDS Programs, IMCI, and health systems strengthening in resource poor settings in Nigeria
* Clinical experience in managing HIV/AIDS clients in Nigeria.
* Experience managing, supervising and teaching medical and nursing staff.
* Experience with HIV/AIDS programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred, particularly those related to Voluntary Counseling and Testing, prevention of Mother-to-Child Transmission, and care and treatment desirable
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and fluency in English
Click the link below to apply: https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/5335/job
The success of the MSH-ProACT project depends largely on accurate, complete and timely reporting of achievements to PEPFAR/USAID. Achievement of set targets is of utmost importance. Hence, the objective of the M&E Specialist position is to provide technical leadership in the roll-out of MSH-ProACT M&E plan in the States integrating it with other health systems and generating strategic data for program management, reporting and documentation of best practices.
1. Spearhead the roll-out of MSH-ProACT M&E plan in line with PEPFAR and national reporting requirements.
2. Serve as member of the State Project Management Team responsible for overall project performance.
* Provide technical input in the development of an integrated State MSH-ProACT project plan in collaboration with the Directors, Advisors and State Teams.
* Take lead in the implementation of MSH-ProACT state M&E plan and reporting formats for PEPFAR indicators and targets in collaboration with the State Team, Advisors and Directors.
* Establish system for flow of information from service-delivery points to the MSH-ProACT central data base and ensure timely M&E technical support to all implementing health facilities.
* Take lead in building the capacity of health units’ M&E staff and relevant health and community workers in collection, summarization, analysis and presentation of M&E data.
* Manage the roll-out of the project M&E data quality assurance system including quarterly data quality audits.
* Assist the State Team Leader to coordinate the establishment/strengthening of one State M&E system that informs policy and practice.
* Ensure state-of-the art database management practice at the state.
* Analyze M&E data on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis and flag action areas to the project management.
* Work with MSH-ProACT management to document and publish best practices
* Postgraduate degree in Statistics, Epidemiology or related field with focus on monitoring and evaluation and/or Biostatistics.
* At least 2 years hand-on-experience in monitoring and evaluation with very good analytical, presentation, communication and reporting skills.
* Significant experience in developing monitoring plans and/or management information systems 2 years of which spent working with NGOs in an African setting.
* Excellent inter-personal, multi-cultural and team building skills.
* Strong computer skills particularly in spreadsheets, database and statistical applications.
* Significant experience working in HIV/AIDS programs in Nigeria.
Click the link below to apply: https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/5347/job
Laboratory Systems Specialist, Kebbi
The objective of the Laboratory Specialist position is to provide technical leadership and management of the project State laboratory program in a manner that strengthens state government ownership and leadership of continuous lab improvements and leads to sustainable HIV/AIDS prevention and control efforts.
* The laboratory Specialist will be required to provide technical leadership in laboratory management in support to HIV infection diagnosis, monitoring treatment and diagnosing also
* He/She will contribute to the health facility upgrades plans in the area of laboratory upgrades including needs for equipment, water and drainage, safe disposal of sharps and contaminated waste wastes, and health facility laboratory staff in services training
* As part of this role, the laboratory specialist will work closely with the technical advisors to ensure health facility laboratories implement GoN-approved diagnostic protocols, quality control procedures and safe disposal of sharps and contaminated laboratory waste
* He/she will also train and supervise project laboratory coordinators at state level in the use of new technologies for HIV diagnosis and treatment monitoring, work closely with the project Logistic and Procurement Specialist to introduce and over see the functioning of the process for re-ordering at re-supply test kits, reagents and other laboratory consumables to ensure no stock outs.
* A laboratory scientist must be registered with Medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria (MLSCN)
* Minimum of B.Sc./HND Medical Laboratory Science
* Preferably with a Postgraduate degree in public health/health science
* Significant experience in laboratory diagnosis of AIDS, tuberculosis and other opportunistic infections and laboratory monitoring of clinical status of people living with HIV essential
* Familiarity with ministry of health national VCT guidelines and diagnosis algorithms essential.
Click the link below to apply: https://jobs-msh.icims.com/jobs/5348/job