Lagos Business School (LBS) delivers executive programmes aimed at systematically improving the practice of management in Nigeria.
In 2007, LBS consolidated its status as Nigeria's premier business school by ranking for the first time among the top 50 business schools in the world, in the area of open enrolment programmes, by the Financial Times of London. LBS is still the only Nigerian business school to be included in this prestigious world ranking.
The Lagos Business School (LBS), a leading African management institution focused on the development of responsible leaders for Africa and the World, LBS achieves this goal with the help of a highly professional faculty body having academic qualifications in various management specialisation and practical industry experience.
LBS seeks faculty that will participate in academic research and teaching of international quality. The faculty will design, develop and deliver a range of accounting courses on the various masters in business administration programmes (MBA, EMBA, MEMBA), open-enrolment Executive programmes and bespoke custom programs. In addition, faculty will be expected to design and deliver short-focused topical seminars in their area of expertise.
- Prepare and submit annual performance review and bi-annual performance evaluation
- Attend one or more induction sessions to become familiar with the School’s mission and teaching philosophy, policies and procedures and the learning management system
- Attend monthly faculty meetings
- Attend annual faculty seminar
- Maintain currency and relevance through research activity and professional engagements
- Participate in accreditation or other institutional development activities
- Develop external links with industry, commerce, professional and academic bodies as appropriate
- Undertake academic support duties, including academic counselling as appropriate
- Contribute to the development of research, knowledge exchange and income-generating activity within the Faculty
- Teach assigned courses as specified by Head of Department
- Evaluate and select appropriate case studies, texts and instructional materials to ensure attainment of learning goals; prepare course materials and lesson plans
- Revise and update course content as needed
- Use the School’s learning management system to post course outlines, assignments and other materials and to communicate and engage with students
- Deliver course content using a variety of teaching styles and provide interesting and engaging assignments that demonstrate the real-world applications of concepts covered
- Develop assessment mechanisms that adhere to the School’s quality assurance framework, including the validation and revalidation of courses and assessment.
- Attend programme-related meetings on student performance
- Produce high-quality teaching materials including the development of relevant case studies in related field.
- Evaluate work and examinations and provide timely feedback to students.
- Be available for student consultations, guidance and advisory.
- Be available to serve on Committees – established and ad-hoc.
- Provide academic leadership and act as a champion in area of expertise and model LBS core values
- Establish a research agenda in area of expertise that is aligned with the School’s mission
- Engage in research activity in area of expertise either independently or through collaborative partnerships with colleagues in other educational institutions or other bodies.
- Produce intellectual contributions accepted for publication in high quality media as defined in the School’s policies.
- Present research progress and findings at internal and external academic fora
- Present papers at professional events
- Support research collegiality by acting as a reviewer and contributing to peer assessment.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other academic institutions, professional bodies and organisations to facilitate the development of research and their application.
- Project expertise in subject area through high-quality research and professional engagements
- Disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
- Prepare and submit grant proposals to support research activity
- Represent the School as required.
- To engage in outreach, promotional and student recruitment activities
- Make active contributions to the School’s agenda on educational activities that enhance the student experience.
- Offer appropriate support, guidance and mentoring to other staff in the School in relevant subject area.
- Undertake other responsibilities assigned by the Management Board and Head of Department.
- Balance competing pressures of teaching, scholarship, research, knowledge transfer, administrative demands and deadlines.
Post /Job Title: Faculty in Accounting
Department: Accounting, Economics and Finance
Reports to: Head, Accounting, Economics and Finance Department
Institution: Lagos Business School, Pan-Atlantic University
Education/Initial Academic Preparation
- A PhD or doctoral equivalent degree in Accounting-related discipline
- MBA or Masters degree in Accounting-related discipline will be an advantage
- Research publications in international journals as listed in the CABS Journal Quality Guide or high-impact rating as listed in relevant database in Web of Knowledge journal
- Track record of successful PhD completions as first supervisor
- Track record of leading successful major research projects
- Track record of mentoring colleagues and postgraduate students in developing research proposals
- At least 7 years of professional experience in domestic and international settings
- Active member of national or international professional body such as ICAN and ACCA, or holder of CPA
- The additional professional capabilities will also be an added advantage: o Demonstrable track record of effective and leading edge development of professional practice
- Established network of high level contacts with relevant local, national, and international partners that enhances and develops professional practice
- External peer recognition (invited keynotes, conference organisation, editorships, fellowships, board membership, awards)
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills: ability to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders including staff at all levels, students and external organizations • Adherence to the Schools ethos, beliefs and values
- Ability to use technology effectively; and in teaching
- Ability to proactively seek and respond to issues with flexible, effective and, where appropriate, innovative solutions
- Good organisational skills and timeliness in responding to student enquiries and institutional assignments
Method of Application
Send resume with a cover letter and names of three references to: Academic Director Lagos Business School KM 22 Lekki Epe Expressway Ajah – Lagos : firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale