Vacancy in an Oil & Gas Firm via Michael Stevens Consulting
Posted on: 12 February, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Michael Stevens Consulting
Michael Stevens Consulting is an international Human Resource Development & Management Consulting practice firm, with offices in Lagos, Port-Harcourt and Calabar, as well as in Accra, Ghana. Plans are at advanced stage to open subsidiaries in The Gambia, Sierra-Loan and Liberia.
Our client a leading player in the oil and gas sector requires for immediate employment a Hydro test Coordinator.
- The Hydro test Coordinator/Test Punch Technician is responsible to ensure the construction of the piping systems is completed in accordance with prescribed information prior to any tests being carried out.
- He lists outstanding items on a punch list and submits it for construction to carry out.
- He participates and monitors the tests and reports on the completion of tests.Is responsible for the examination of systems to ensure their construction completeness, punch lists preparation, and readiness for hydro tests.
- Interfaces with equipment, piping, instrumentation, electrical inspectors, civil/structural inspectors, field engineer and field superintendent responsible for hydro tests of systems.
- He interfaces with the client’s QA representative for his presence at the test.
- He reviews the documentation relevant to the systems and ensures the systems are constructed in accordance with the prescribed information – drawings, specifications and vendor information;
- He coordinates walk downs with the field superintendent responsible for the systems, during the walk downs he ensures all deficiencies are identified and punch lists are prepared.
- When the systems are to be tested, he walks down the systems with superintendent responsible for the hydro tests, he ensures the systems limits are identified, that necessary test equipment is in place and reviews completion of punch list items to ensure hydro tests may proceed.
- Coordinates and monitors the hydro tests.
- He reports on the completion of hydro tests.
- Demonstrate a professional work ethic and actively participate as a member of the Discipline Workface Planning Team.
- Interfaces with the Discipline Planning Teams to understand the construction schedule.
- Assesses the impact of inefficiencies on the successful completion of planned activities and adjust the plan as required.
- Engineering Degree or post-secondary certificate, diploma from an accredited technical school. Equivalent industry professional development and accreditation from an industry recognized association or institute.
- 5 to 10 years construction experience in oil and gas pipeline, preferably in a quality control position.
- Knowledge and conversant with Codes and Standards as they apply to pipeline construction.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office would be an asset.
- Good planning, organizational and communication skills.
- Maintain safety awareness during all phases of construction site activities.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified candidates should send their CV to email@example.com with job description as subject
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Michael Stevens ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- Sales Job Vacancy in the Oil and Gas Industry - Michael Page
- Job Openings at Tsachal Limited
- Job Opening at Hobark International Limited
- Latest Job Vacancies at JAGAL Group
- Job Opportunity at BOURBON Oil & Gas
- Fresh Vacancies at JAGAL Group
- Human Resource Career Opportunity at TDI Global
- Job Vacancy at an Oil and gas Firm - Wilco