Finance Career Opportunity at GE Nigeria
Posted on: 11 February, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at GE - General Electric
GE Nigeria is an advanced technology, services and capital company with the scale, resources and expertise to take on the world's toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in the areas of energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, we're committed to leadership, integrity, partnership and human progress.
- As the Record to Report (R2R) leader, you will be responsible to manage and lead the financial accounting and closing & reporting process with clear focus around global and regional strategic initiatives.
- Apart from core responsibilities, you should be have a passion to deliver on simplification and operational excellence, be a true business partner and deliver on key cost, quality and speed metrics.
- This individual will be responsible to lead a big team in Nigeria and also work remotely with BPO team’s based in multiple locations.
- The role will report directly to The Nigeria Site Leader and functionally into the SSA Record To Report Leader.
- Own the site R2R landscape (LE, ME combinations)
- Manage and coach the team of Site Accountants
- SPOC at the site for all R2R related matters with all businesses and stakeholders
- Understand & own the site recorded information (automated and manual interfaces)
- Understand GL interfaces with upstream processes
- Fix First Pass Yield of R2R interfaces with ES Leaders (IBS, Concur, P&B, B2P, I2C, Fixed Assets)
- Ensure all dimensions in the code block are appropriately used in recording transactions
- Own ME Billable & Non Billable cost centers at site level.
- Understand and own the site reported information
- US GAAP reporting (Business, controllership & FP&A)
- Lead the Monthly and Quarterly close process by tracking site closing activities through FCM
- Tax reporting support(WHT, VAT,CIT)
- Input into S2T process
- Own the site Account Reconciliations landscape (completeness) and metrics (qualitative – 8 Account Reconciliation Criteria, quantitative & simplification).
- Own the site Balance Sheet & P&L & coordinate relationship with various stakeholders (Regional R2R team, Business teams, FP&A, Controllership, Corporate HQ)
- Own and coordinate the R2R Enterprise Standard Initiatives & implementations at the site
- ERP & other tools implementations (CCL, Business ERP’s, Account Rec tools)
- Global & Regional simplification initiatives (e.g. MJE, FCM, ESCoA)
- BPO migrations
- Manage Intercompany Process
- Regularly lead, guide, engage, develop and motivate big and diverse in-house as well as BPO teams
- Over 7 years finance experience with at least 3 years in leadership position
- Experience in managing complex, multi-faceted projects
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker: proven ability to anticipate and resolve issues
- Good understanding of core revenue recognition rules as per GAAP
- Excellent understanding of the GE closing process
- Willingness to travel as required
- Work flexibility around quarter closing cycles
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Certified Public Accountant or Masters of Business Administration (MBA) is preferred
- Strong Controllership & Compliance mindset Customer Service Focused/Negotiation Skills
- Demonstrated Leadership experience and ability
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Product/Process oriented mindset Ability to plan, manage, and prioritize multiple tasks and resources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint and Word) GE culture/Operating rhythm experience Green Belt Certified.
Method of Application
To apply, visit GE's Career Website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GE - General ElectricSimilar Jobs
- Light Duty Mechanic at O.K. Isokariari & Sons Nigeria Limited
- Western Development Company Limited (WDCL) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Jobs at Weststar Vehicle Care Limited
- PMC Construction Manager at Penspen Nigeria
- Technical Sales Manager at a Fast Growing Company
- Car Worshop Supervisor at AutoDoc Car Repairs
- Sales Engineer at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Agronomist at Hakar Engineering