Federal Ministry of Science and Technology hereby invites applications from suitably qualified Nigerians to fill the following position:
Duties and Responsibilities
The Registrar/DG/CEO will be responsible to the Governing Council and will perform the following duties for the achievement of the Mandate of the Institute:
- Day to day management of the Institute.
- Maintains a Register of Professional Members
- Provision of leadership role in curricular development in SLT; standardization and accreditation of science laboratones in both public and private sectors of the national economy; human capacity development in SLT; and research and development
- Sets strategic goals and subsidiary objectives for the Institute
- Liaise with National and International organizations in all aspects of the Institute’s Mandate.
- Any other duties that may be assigned to him or her from time to time by the Governing Council of the Institute or the Honorable Minister.
Qualifications and Experience
- The candidate must be a registered and current professional member of the Institute with a minimum of eighteen (18) years post - registration experience.
- He must be a Fellow and possess a minimum of a Master's Degree. Possession of a PhD will be an added advantage. The professional experience must be in the field of science laboratory technology.
- The candidate must show evidence of capacity for high academic and professional work and must be articulate, confident and meticulous.
Conditions of Service
- The conditions of Service are the same as those applicable to similar positions in Federal Government Research Institutes/Agencies, Colleges of Agriculture and Allied Institutions in Nigeria.
Method of Application
Applicants (internal and external) should forward their typed applications with fifteen (15) copies of their up - to - date/current Curriculum Vitae to include:
- Present emolument, personal data, and contact address with telephone numbers, etc.
- Education/professional qualification with dates
- Relevant job experience
- List of publications
- Photocopies of relevant credentials and any other relevant information.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Honorable Minister,
Federal Ministry of Science and Technology,
New Federal Secretariat,
Phase II, Block D, Fourth Floor,
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale