iConcepts is Nigeria’s leading multi-channel solutions provider of Mobile Interactive Communication Services. iConcepts applies its expertise in Mobile Messaging Technologies and its network of relationships with the Nigerian GSM operators, advertising and marketing agencies, media organizations and corporations in different industries to develop innovative marketing, entertainment, business and communication solutions.
Job Reference Location: Lagos
Job Grade/ Level:Management/Senior Management
Reporting the General Manager VAS, the Head of Products is expected to champion innovation and product management for the iConcepts business. As such, he must possess a deep understanding of the latest technology and trends in the Telecommunications industry. He must also display expert proficiencies in project management, relationship management as he delivers these products off the back of our operator, platform provider and developer alliances. Works closely with these individuals within the iConcepts business-
- Mobile marketing team
- Mobile content team
- Technology solutions administrator
- Network administrator
- Applications developer
- Programming specialist
- Responsible for the definition and delivery of the overall innovation strategy and product roadmap, including formulation, design, planning and implementation in close collaboration with the Content Unit, IT and Business Development where applicable
- Proactively scout for new innovative ideas and opportunities in mobile technology
- Promote and incubate products contained in the roadmap to support the attainment of the business’ growth targets, develop their core positioning and messaging
- Identify opportunities for new partnerships and lead proposal development efforts with mobile network operators in collaboration with the Business Development Unit where applicable.
- Develop partnerships and network with local innovators, youth organizations, NGOs, cultural and religious organizations, the private sector, local media and academia to build and provide a space to nurture and test new and innovative ideas and build capacity.
- Oversee development and testing of innovation products to strengthen and improve efficiency and effectiveness of iConcepts service delivery. More specifically, provide technical support for deployment of data-driven products and services –including negotiations with mobile network companies and other service providers.
- Consolidate, disseminate, and communicate project (product development) information and provide status updates to project team members and Management
- Train iConcepts staff and other end users, where applicable in the use of innovation products and processes.
- Manage the documentation of tested products and ensure effective sharing and generation of knowledge on mobile technology innovations in the entire business.
- Lead iConcepts efforts to showcase successful product innovations at mobile technology forums
- Effectively monitor and supervise the management of launched products to ensure their continued performance throughout the product lifecycle.
- Keep abreast of issues affecting the telecoms industry, collect competitor intelligence and disseminate this information across the iConcepts business.
- Advanced university degree in sciences, or other relevant disciplines, with training or requisite experience in Product Development in the Telecommunications industry
- 7-10 years of experience with demonstrated results in Project/Program Management, which must comprise at least 3 years in Mobile VAS Product Development
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent oral and written presentation skills
- Excellent team player with experience in creating environments that are conducive to team participation and effective coordination
- Proven capacity to work with collaborative teams across different locations and with different technical skills
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities and critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to complex issues/challenges.
- Experience in strategic and tactical planning and people management. Results oriented.
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.