If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of telecommunications equipment & services to mobile & fixed network operators. Over 1,000 networks in more than 180 countries use Ericsson equipment, & more than 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic passes through Ericsson networks. Using innovation to empower people, business & society, we are working towards the Networked Society, in which everything that can benefit from a connection will have one. At Ericsson, we apply our innovation to market-based solutions that empower people & society to help shape a more sustainable world.
The primary objective of the Consultant is to support in Managed Services Outsourcing initiatives, specifically to Hub South, East & Central Africa. The incumbent will help to formulate a business case that aligns the HR, financial, operational and contractual obligations, and to translate the commitments of the business benefits made during the engagement process into commercially realistic HR initiatives and/or programs.
This role is a temporary assignment for 6 to 12 months (with possible extension). We are looking for 3 Consultants in total, one to be based in South Africa, one in Ghana/Nigeria and one in Senegal/Cameroon or Ivory Coast.
- Ensuring Managed Services organization is adequately staffed through working closely with Service Delivery and HR Recruitment.
- Drive and implement project plan according to requirements as determined by stakeholders.
- Dimension resources according to deliverables and work packages.
- Provide detailed reports on progress, issues and challenges with project implementation.
- Drive competence development in transformation project phase.
- Drive education project management & identify the methods of instruction that are most effective for bringing about desired learning of specific content to learners
- Work with HR Manager to ensure staff is placed in the correct Job Stages and salaries are aligned.
- Ensure collection of all new joiner documentation.
- Drive implementation of human resources processes based on business requirements, Ericsson policies and Ways of Working.
- Make sure any process change is well documented and communicated.
- Assist Transition Program - define the HR & Communications tasks and deliverables related to the program and execute its successful delivery.
- Plan/ support and execute Transformation program deliverables.
- Develop communications plan and align with Transition & Transformation Project teams to ensure a coordinated and comprehensive approach.
- Provide HR delivery support to the Managed Services organization as required.
- Communicate with Regional Human Resources on the commercial framework of the Managed Services opportunities, implement tracking of contractual obligations and deliverables and implement contract management governance and processes.
- Collate a database of information to support the Managed Services organization and Transition & Transformation project’s (e.g. Labour Framework, etc)
- Keep records of all communications material, documentation and labour framework, etc.
Knowledge and Experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Engineering, Psychology or in a related field
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within Hi-Tech environment as HR Generalist or HR Consultant.
- Extensive travel required and incumbent must be available to travel when needed.
- Knowledge of country legislation
- Project Management skills
- Experienced level understanding of HR business processes.
- Understanding of Telecoms Industry.
- Experience in Union negotiation (advantage)
- Experience in Mergers & Acquisitions (advantage)
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Fluent in written and spoken French (for the francophone cluster)
- Proven record of working with virtual teams.
- High level business presentation skills.
- Results driven (proactive approach)
Method of Application
To apply, visit Ericsson's Career Website