Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 9 February, 2016
Deadline: 22 February, 2016
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria is leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative, capital/budget efficiency activities within the Unit, contracts review and negotiation in collaboration with the Procurement team, structural changes within the Unit etc.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by influencing stakeholders within your immediate ecosystem for MTNN’s benefit. This includes participation in credible external think-tank sessions, involvement in inter-divisional focus Group sessions to improve business performance etc.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, think-tank activities etc.
- Role model the vital behaviours needed to sustain organisational performance and drive people management activities by being the principal coach for your direct reports using the people management framework. Participate in employee engagement projects such as mentorship, facilitating programs, etc. In addition, support recruitment, on boarding and grievance management processes etc.
- Support the development of a company-wide government relations strategy in alignment with MTN Nigeria’s business direction.
- Maintain effective corporate relationship with key stakeholders and decision makers in the executive and legislative arms of government as well as Government Agencies to effectively channel the goals and desires of MTNN.
- Maintain a strong ethical relationship between MTN Nigeria and relevant institutions/ bodies with a view to ensure the long term viability of the business.
- Observe the business, political and regulatory environment closely and provide advisory and logistics support to all functions across the business.
- Carry out research, provide detailed policy analysis, identify regional vulnerabilities and recommend due mitigation.
- Conduct regular political audits and provide periodic intelligence reports, political audits and proactive feedback on emerging issues, developments and trends.
- Provide advisory support to the SM, Government Relations on key government matters especially as it relates to the telecoms industry to all business functions
- Provide Management across all divisions with insights on national and regional Government legislation policy to accommodate current and future business initiatives.
- Standard MTNN working conditions
- Job is based in FCT (Abuja)
Experience & Training
- Minimum of 3 years post-degree / Masters advantageous
- Fluent in English and language of country preferable
- Relevant Degree
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialization (government relations and/or stakeholder engagement function/activity) with experience in supervising/managing others
- Effective stakeholder relationship management experience in a telecoms regulatory environment
- Strong and effective business communication/negotiation/influencing skills (verbal and writing skills)
- On-the-job training
- Courses, Seminars, Conferences and workshops in Government Relations and Stakeholder Engagement
- Management Development Program
- Effective Management and Leadership
go to method of application »
- Execute the retail strategy in the territory to achieve the objective of retail expansion, dominance, mind share and loyalty in the region.
- Collaborate cross functionally – NWG, Marketing, Enterprise Solution, CR, in the regional and territorial engine rooms to ensure commercial alignment in achieving the objectives of revenue, profitability & market share in the sub-region.
- Identify, create and execute Communal & Goodwill events and sponsorship initiatives in the region to drive affinity and localization of the MTN brand in the region.
- Research and provide feedback reports on competitor activity, network quality, peculiar market situations and any issues affecting the marketing of MTNN products in the region.
- Achieve BTL visibility objectives across all outlet types and category in the region through the effective planning and execution of merchandising.
- Review analysis of regional marketing surveys on current and new product concepts and recommend future product development within the region.
- Develop and execute territory specific trade marketing initiatives to ensure achievement of the business objectives in the region.
- Develop and manage profitable and sustainable partnerships to achieve our data device and mobile money objectives in the territory.
- Ensure standard look and feel across all MTN retail outlet types in the territory
- Ensure effective communication of the MTN brand and proposition at the retail layer of the distribution channel
- Assist in establishing and maintaining consistent corporate image throughout product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Co-ordinate the presence and relationship of MTNN with stakeholders and policy makers at the Regional levels.
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
- Regional, national and international travel
Experience & Training
- First degree in a business related discipline
- Possession of a Master’s degree may be an advantage
- 8 years marketing management experience within the telecommunications, FMCG’s or ‘new age’ service industry which includes 2 years’ experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity
Method of Application
Use links below to apply on MTN website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Google Nigeria Recruiting for Product Marketing Manager, Grow with Google
- Pre-Sales Lead at MainOne Cable Nigeria
- Career Opportunities at 9mobile
- Business Development Director/Sales Director at MCM Solutions
- Software Engineer at Codetouch Technologies Limited
- Banking/Financial Application Software (Web/Desktop) Developer at Access Solutions Limited
- Senior Associate, Housing at eHealth Africa (eHA)
- Senior Associate, Marketing, Sales & Relationship Management (MSRM) at Emerging Platforms