Vacancy in an International Electromechanical Company via Aldelia
Posted on: 9 February, 2016
Deadline: 12 February, 2016
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Aldelia Limited
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Aldelia's client, an international electromechanical company, is looking to fill the following position:
- Interested candidate will be responsible to enforce corporate safety and health policies and procedure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of the project safety program.
- Establish and conduct jobsite orientation for every new employee for the project and administer and record their participation in the orientation program and issue identification to those employees completing the orientation program.
- Attend all initial meetings with the Project Staff and Subcontractor representatives to clearly define their role within the confines of the Project Safety Program.
- Conduct and document preplanning safety meetings with each subcontractor safety representatives and/or foremen to establish safety procedures prior to subcontractor’s activity on site.
- Establish and conduct regular (weekly) safety meetings with subcontractor representatives and issue minutes of meeting and interface with Project Staff and each Subcontractor Safety Representatives relating to safety regulations to ensure proper compliance.
- Ensure that Subcontractors are conducting the proper training requirements as per the OSHA standards. If necessary, facilitate training for site personnel for compliance with Federal and State standards.
- Ensure and maintain a log of each subcontractor’s toolbox safety meetings held with their employees.
- Review each Subcontractors Safety Program and ensure that it meets or exceeds the project Safety Program requirements.
- Ensure that each Subcontractor designates a Safety Representative that is properly trained in the OSHA standards and that person is considered by OSHA standards, competent for the Subcontractors scope of work and has the proper authority to correct safety issues and hazards relating to their safety compliance. Receive the names of their competent person(s) for their specific work in writing and file.
- Conduct regular (daily) jobsite and work area inspections. Conduct formal weekly jobsite inspections and complete the safety checklist noting safety violations and corrective actions.
- Record, notify and prepare written report of any violations or unsafe practices to Subcontractors for immediate correction actions.
- Stop at once any violation or unsafe practice.
- Assist Project Superintendent in establishing and implementing proper fire prevention, evacuation and fire control procedures.
- Investigate all incidents and generate proper reports.
- Establish and maintain all required job safety records.
- Conduct a monthly overview safety meeting.
- Attend Project Staff Meetings to brief the staff on safety issues on the project and coming from the company and to keep informed of the progress of the job.
- Degree with professional training in Safety and Health or equivalent is a must .
- At least seven years of safety experience or combination of education/multiple years experience in building construction, with a working knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques.
- Capable of identifying known/potential exposures and recommending corrective actions.
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their resume to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.Candidates MUST have a background in building construction.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Aldelia LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Facilitator for Power at AETI Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Jobs at Adfoldam Nigeria Enterprise Limited
- Latest Vacancies at Leventis Motors Limited
- Project Manager at Subsea 7
- Latest Vacancies at Stag Engineering Nigeria Limited
- Hydraulic Infrastructure Engineer at O.K. ISOKARIARI & Sons (NIGERIA) Limited
- Lead Pipeline Engineer at Penspen
- Engineering Jobs at Smartflow Technologies Limited