Current Jobs at RTI International
Posted on: 9 February, 2016
Deadline: 19 February, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at RTI International
RTI is an independent organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and a full spectrum of multidisciplinary services. Universities in North Carolina founded RTI in 1958 as a centerpiece of the Research Triangle Park. This position will be located in the Regional Office in Kenya or within the East African countries and will support projects based in the region.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The Regional HR Manager is responsible for the implementation of HR strategies, effective delivery of HR services and management; interpretation and application of HR policies; rules and regulations; facilitation of internal procedures and process solutions to a wide spectrum of complex HR issues.
- He / She promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach and contributes to the maintenance of high staff morale.
- He/she is to support formulation of solid HR strategies for Africa Region and supports the implementation of project human resources initiatives to attract, develop, motivate and retain the most suitable talent throughout the projects and facilitate successful performance management.
- Applicants will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree plus ten (10) years of related experience; Master’s degree in Human Resources or a related discipline. Working knowledge of and experience in multiple countries providing international and regional HR support.
- Working knowledge of and experience in local labor and employment laws and legal resources. Familiarity with international development systems and policies.
- High degree of professionalism and discretion; culturally astute.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-tasking environment.
- French language proficiency required. Arabic language is desired. This position does not attract international allowances.
go to method of application »
- This position is responsible for the capacity building and support of project- based Finance Managers in West Africa.
- This role is responsible for the technical training of Finance Managers, comprising training on RTI’s QuickBooks accounting software, RTI’s Finance Manual, finance and accounting policies & procedures, payroll setup and global monthly close process.
- In addition, regularly scheduling meetings with Finance Managers as extended support forums, to review financial performance and ensure compliance to RTI policies and procedures.
- This role also guides the Finance Manager in ensuring that the proper office procedures and segregation of duties are in place at project startup to ensure that each project operates within RTI policies and appropriate internal controls.
- This position location is any West or East African country where RTI has an established presence. RTI has office presence in the following West Africa countries Benin, Ghana, Nigeria, Liberia, Senegal, Guinea and all East African countries. The position reports to the Regional Controller - Africa & Middle East based in Nairobi, Kenya.
- Training and on-boarding of project Finance Managers. Training will include, but is not limited to, the following topical areas: QuickBooks accounting solutions, payroll and payroll tax compliance, design and monitoring internal control systems, and month end reporting.
- Employ financial oversight and supportive monitoring to ensure project expenses are in accordance with RTI accounting policies and procedures.
- Support month end closing processes to ensure organized, complete and properly approved expense reports and reconciliations are delivered to Home Office as per approved month-end closing calendar.
- Support internal and external audits of projects
- Provide temporary technical assignments during long absence of Finance Managers, start up and close out of projects.
- Ensure updated, clear concise written accounting and finance policies and procedure manuals for project offices under direct supervision.
- Prepare reports as requested by management and RTI Home and Regional Office
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and organizational skills with ability to be flexible and work well under pressure in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to work well in team environment and train others in financial controls and financial management principles
- Ability to work independently as well as function within a matrix organization
- Advanced user and trainer of accounting systems such as QuickBooks, and Costpoint.
- 5+ years of experience backstopping USAID or DFID funded projects in multiple countries in Africa.
- Proficient in Advanced MS Excel, MS Word and power point presentations
- Experience with accounting software, QuickBooks proficiency is desirable
- Experience as a Finance Manager for a USAID/DFID project is desirable
- French and English proficiency is required.
- 40%-50% travel required
Method of Application
To apply, send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com Applicants must include the Position Title in the subject line of their email.
Note: Please do not attach copies of certificates. We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about RTI InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Group Finance Controller at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Business Development Manager at Ascentech Services Limited
- Operations Manager at Benedetto
- Audit Expert at Lonadek Nigeria
- Finance Manager at Tusen Consulting Limited
- Content Business Operations Manager at Qualiserve Group
- Corporate Finance Director at CA Global
- Graduate Trainee Recruitment at Dragnet Solutions Limited - Nationwide