The African Agricultural Technology Foundation (AATF) is an international not-for-profit organisation that facilitates, and promotes public/private partnerships to access, develop, adapt and deliver appropriate agricultural technologies for sustainable use by smallholder farmers in Sub-Saharan Africa.
To strengthen its operations and enhance its capacity to achieve its goals, AATF seeks to recruit a focused, results-oriented and suitably qualified professional to fill the position below:
- Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating Cassava Mechanization and Agro-Processing Project (CAMAP) project activities in Nigeria.
- Inherent in this will be to enhance the out- scaling of all CAMAP project activities (Osun, Ogun, Kwara, Kogi, Qyo and other states to be identified).
Key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead in the identification of farmers, service providers, fabricators, agro processors, and markets including maintaining a database of all farmers.
- Supervise the ploughing, planting, harvesting of the cassava, including the sourcing and delivery of inputs (stems, fertilizers and herbicides).
- Spearhead the project cost recovery strategy by ensuring that all farmers involved are paying back
- for the services provided by the project.
- Assist in the identification of training needs and in organizing agribusiness training for project partners.
- Maintain project equipment register and conduct training of service providers in efficient service provision, as well as in the use and maintenance of farming equipment.
- Assist in the creation of market access and linkages.
- Work with the communication and partnership unit to create project awareness, including the establishment of demonstration sites where necessary.
- Assist in monitoring of technology implementation and adoption.
- Implement and/or improve farm data collection instruments that optimize statistical efficiency and information quality.
- Interpret data, analyze results and prepare project reports.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
- A good masters degree or equivalent in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Agribusiness or other related disciplines from a reputable institution.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant experience at the national or international level in providing business and management development services.
- Hands-on experience in agribusiness, market linkages, and public relations.
- Experience in working with cassava and handling farm machinery will be an advantage.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. A working knowledge of French will be an advantage.
An attractive, highly competitive remuneration package and a pleasant working environments awaits the successful candidates.
Method of Application
To apply, candidates should quote the appropriate reference number as the subject of their e-mail and send their current curriculum vitae (prepared as a Microsoft Word document, and saved with your full names) to: email@example.com
- Please include in your application, a statement of how you meet the advertised criteria, as well as names and contact details (including telephone and e-mail addresses) of three referees who are knowledgeable about your professional achievements and abilities.
- All applications will be treated in strict confidence. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.