International Organization for Migration (IOM) - Established in 1951, International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Reference Code: SVN2015/148(P)-EXT.
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment : Special short term, Six months with possibility of extension
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Mission (CoM), the successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for Procurement and Logistics activities of IOM Mission in Nigeria.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Supervise IOM teams involved in the following categories of procurement and logistics work within the area of responsibility: procurement staff (local and international procurement); logistics staff; fleet staff (including drivers of rented vehicles and trucks).
- Ensure IOM and relevant donor procurement procedures are in place and followed in accordance with regards to their relevant policies and regulations.
- Conduct procurement and logistics tasks within the mission, including property and assets control, supply, service/maintenance, contractual agreements.
- Analyze procurement requests, identify service providers, and evaluate information regarding vendor's performance in the areas of quality, prices, and delivery of goods in view of the Organization's best interests.
- Solicit bids, quotations, and tender documents; oversee bidding process and provide support for procurement transactions, analyze them for conformity to specified requirements; conduct appraisals and select suppliers, and confirm terms of payment; prepare purchase orders and ensure receiving authorization by the Resource Management Officer and the Chief of Mission.
- Determined delivery conditions. Ensure all expected merchandise is received in accordance with PO specifications, and that all goods are in good condition.
- Ensure that appropriate funds are available for purchase; ensure receipts are received when payment is conducted in cash; request authorization of the RMO regarding bank transfer payments.
- Coordinate mission procurements with Global Procurement and Supply Unit in Manila Administrative Centre (MAC) for all purchases with value above USD 75,000.
- Create internal control mechanisms to safe guard the Organizations assets and prevent fraud and ensure that appropriate record is kept on assets disposal, ensure assets are located accordingly and used in IOM's best interest; regularly upgrade inventory list. Make sure mission property insurance is in place.
- Assist in the adherence to stockroom management practices, in order to ensure there is no undue overstocking or loss; control supply stock and monitor consumable materials, in order to be able to provide staff with ready access to common regularly used items and replenishment.
- Monitor maintenance and repair of office facilities, including preventive maintenance. Establish maintenance agreements with competent service providers, when it is feasible and determined to be cost effective.
- Undertake field travel to programme sites or IOM Field office to perform procurement and logistics evaluations as necessary, upon request from the Chief of Mission.
- Maintain and update databases of preferred suppliers.
- Represent IOM in inter-agency for a related to procurement and/or logistics.
- Undertake frequent duty travel to field locations in order to supervise and train field staff.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services;
- Effectively works with vendors and service providers in compliance with IOM procedures to secure cost-effective quality solutions for IOM;
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Management, Logistics, Procurement, Accounting or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University Degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience in managing diverse procurement and logistics operations;
- Excellent level of computer literacy and good knowledge of SAP/PRISM;
- Demonstrated experience in training and managing large teams of co-workers, managing vendors and suppliers;
- Extensive knowledge of IOM internal procurement and financial rules, as well as IOM's PRISM elements as they apply to procurement and logistics.
- Fluency in English is required.
Method of Application
Candidates are invited to submit their applications via PRISM, IOM e-Recruitment systems:
Visit IOM Career Page to apply online.
- Applications from qualified female candidates are especially encouraged.
- In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts online profiles duly filled in and submitted with a cover letter not more than one page spec
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. You can track the progress of your application in your personal application page in the IOM e-recruitment system.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale