Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid in more than 60 countries to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural or man-made disasters or exclusion from healthcare. MSF-Spain has the following vacant position:
(Reference No. 14_DY16)
Place of Work: Damaturu LGA in Kokarita Health Clinic
Salary: As per the MSF salary scale (national contract)
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting MSF protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following MSF protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all MSF medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to MSF HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from MSF staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work
- Medical Doctor diploma Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine
- 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, AE, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, general practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Local languages essential, mission language desirable.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- People Management;
Method of Application
All applicants should send a CV and motivation letter either by email to:
Or in person to MSF Office in Yakubu Bello House near Yobe Scholars Academy in Jerusalem.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 12th February 2016
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.