ICT Vacancy at GVA Partners
Posted on: 6 February, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View Jobs posted same day
Our client is a leading provider of Internet, Mobile and multichannel banking, ATM and card payment solutions to the worldwide financial services industry.
- We are currently looking for a highly motivated and passionate individual, with a strong interest in software development, to join our BankWorld Internet & Mobile Development team as a Senior Web Developer.
- You will be responsible for providing high quality software for our Internet & Mobile applications, implementing new business requirements and maintaining existing functionality on the Internet & Mobile components of our client’s retail banking product - BankWorld.
- Designing and implementing new features both on your own and as a member of a feature-driven team.
- Creating client-side branding in a complex rich-client application.
- Assist with the design of these features and their implementation to agreed timelines.
- Following sound software design, process and quality practices.
- Assist with the maintaining and support of new and existing features by liaising with the support teams to diagnose and resolve issues.
- Participating in all facets of team development by actively participating in staff mentoring and personal development.
- Keeping abreast of new technical developments to enhance or revolutionize the product and customer experience.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites to support the deployment of new features, and to other company offices. (Must be willing and able to travel up to 40% of their time).
- Occasionally provide out of hours support for the product.
- Any other related tasks as required by the line manager.
- Honours Degree or Diploma in Computer Science.
- AngularJS experience.
- Strong Object oriented Design & Programming skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills using the English-language.
- High level of attention to detail and strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Ability to work across multiple product areas and remain quality and customer-focused.
- Experience using Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Experience in a non-scripting programming language e.g. Objective-C/C++/C#/Java on Windows and/or Linux environments.
- Experience in writing multi-threaded applications.
- Experience with modern Client/Server architectures.
- Experience with distributed architectures.
- Experience with TCP/IP Socket Programming.
- Familiarity with JSON, XML and XPath technologies.
- Experience of software testing and methodologies.
- Experience of software debugging.
- Experience with software systems in the banking sector.
- Knowledge of common design patterns would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent team player, cooperative and flexible.
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and can-do attitude, keen to be involved at all levels of a product.
- Articulate communicator, ability to present ideas clearly and precisely, both written and verbally, with concise attention to detail to peers, colleagues and management alike.
- Good listener, the ability to listen effectively and to consider input from peers, colleagues and management alike.
- Self-reliant, the ability to work without close supervision and address problems in a collaborative environment.
- Good problem solving abilities with the ability to identify and contribute to solutions for the company in a collaborative environment.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Passion to learn and to work with new technologies.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should send their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com using the job title as subject of the mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Jobs at Smartflow Technologies Limited
- Career Opportunities at MTN Nigeria
- Data Entry Clerks at Best Value Providers
- Web Developer (Full Stack) / Programmer at Owntech limited
- Principal at MasterCard
- Jobs at a Leading Telecoms Company - UConnect Human Resources Limited
- Job Openings at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Printing Pre-sales Technical Consultant - Graduate At Hewlett Packard (HP) Inc