StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client, an indigenous Marine Services company, providing marine integrated Services ranging from offshore support services to Petroleum products and Marine Lubricants supplies is seeking the service of a Marine Operations Executive (Managerial Position).
The main purpose of the role is to to provide operational support for handling (Loading & Discharging) containers smoothly in coordination with container control staff and Manager - Vessel
The responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the Marine and offshore business operations of the client with its fleet of vessels.
- Monitor empty block operations including liaising with agents on shipment nominations and co-ordinating with Logistics on equipment to support operations
- Providing prompt feedback on operations on technical, admin and logistics matters
- Oversee commercial contracts management
- Co-ordinate with "control centre" on changes to loaded/discharged sequence and update changes
- Follow up on documentation (for vessels arrival); attend to agents request and enquiries.
- Put in place cost-saving modalities in order to increase revenue generation and reduce expenditure
- Be proactive in providing early notification to relevant parties of potential berth clashes while then investigating all options for resolution
- Liaise regularly with shipping agents, vessel managers, marketing personnel and gather relevant information concerning vessel movements from various sources.
- Immediately report any damages to container, staff onboard equipment.
- Oversee policy formulation, development, implementation and monitoring
- Oversee licensing and registration of relevant equipment and assets
- Oversee monitoring of berth usage and advise accounts department for billing purposes.
- Assign yard locations for loading/discharging/local export containers and handle related queries on container location
- Ensure that heavy lifts / break bulk are discharged /loaded and handled safely without vessel delays.
- Monitor logbook for reference on the next reliever.
- Bachelor’s Degree, maritime, logistics preferred.
- Supervisory capacity handling containerised cargo operations
- Minimum of 7 years experience in commercial vessel operations, shipping, and marine fleet management
- Client management and strong administration skills
- Knowledge of Shipping Terminology and Practices
- Sound commercial awareness.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Good oral and written communication skills, flexible and a good team player.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Excellent computer skills, a team player.
- Strong work discipline, motivation and initiative.
- Hands-on mentality.
Method of Application
Qualified Vessel Operations personnel should forward updated CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘MOE_present vessel employers’ e.g ‘MOE_donab shipping’; ‘MOE_future shippers’ as subject of mail. Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Application closes 15th February, 2016.