Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming.
We are recruiting to fill the following vacant positions:
- The Senior procurement Officer Will supervise and closely coordinate duties of the Logistics and Procurement officer.
- Supervise calls for bid, local purchase operations, and international procurement specifically for the Abuja country program offices.
- Coordinate with the various programming and administrative departments to ensure order- of what they need In the appropnate quantities and quality, that they receive what they ordered in the correct quantities when needed and at the best cost.
- Develop procurement management systems as needed and train staff in their use.
- Advice Head of Administration to modify or overhaul procurement systems that are not efficient,
- Provide valid documentations to Adrnin Secretary for preparing disbursement request tor Items purchased;
- Liaising With suppliers vendors to follow up delivery timelines for items purchased by CRS etc,
- Create filing systems and manage the document trail in a transparent manner to avoid compliance shortfalls and audit findings,
Knowledge Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of a first degree in Social Sciences or Arts related field or Higher National DIploma in management.
- Master degree will be an added advantage. At least 5 years of relevant working experiences required.
- Membership in a professional purchasing organization preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely m written and spoken English
- Must have a proven knowledge of contract management
- Proven ability to prepare reports and maintain complete files and records.
- Must be scrupulously honest and always foster an atmosphere of trust and integnty.
- Good computers and ICT skills, fully capable with Microsoft Office lMS Word, Excel and PPT), and experience conducting intern et sourcing and price comparisons.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should download the CRS Application Form using this link http://goo.gl/8OOQcp send with a detailed 3 page resume in one word document to Ng_HR@global.crs.org
Completed applications should reach us before 5pm Thursday February 18,2016, Applications sent in the required format
will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted
"CRS is an equal –opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply".
Statement of Commitment to Protection:
"CRS' recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from
abuse and exploitation'