Federal University Otuoke is one of the nine Federal Universities established in February 2011. It is new and growing. It has a student population of about 2000 students, hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
- The Registrar is a Principal Officer and the Chief Administrative Officer of the University and is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day administrative work of the University, except as regards matters for which the Bursar is responsible.
- The Registrar is also Secretary to the Governing Council, Senate, Congregation and Convocation.
Qualification and Experience
- The Candidate for the job must possess a good honours degree from a recognized university, with at least, fourteen (14) years relevant post-qualification experience, preferably in an Institution of Higher Learning.
- Possession of higher degree(s), professional qualifications membership of relevant professional bodies will be an added advantage.
- The Candidate must show verifiable evidence of consummate management and leadership positions.
- The candidate must have held high’administrative offices in an Institution of Higher Learning.
- The candidate should be no older than 60 years upon appointment, and should be within the retirement age at the expiration of his tenure.
- The candidate must be in good health and demonstrate versatility in the management of staff and students as well as host communities matters in a fast-growing Institution.
- In addition, the Candidate should possess excellent communication skills and inter-personal relations and be ready-to work in a team.
The remuneration and condition of services for the post of the Registrar are as applicable in all Federal Universities and as determined from time to time by the Federal’ Government of Nigeria.
Method of Application
Interested Candidates are requested to submit fifteen (15) type-written copies of their application letters and curricula vitae in an envelope addressed to:
Federal University Otuoke,
The post applied for must be clearly written at the top right hand corner of the envelope. The application must include academic and professional qualifications, Birth Certificate or Statutory Declaration of Age, list of publications, if any verifiable evidence of work experience and curricula vitae that include the following among other information:
- Full Name
- Post Desired
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent Home Address
- Current Postal Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Number
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Names and Ages
- Institutions Attended (with dates)
- Academic Qualifications (with dates)
- Professional Qualifications (with dates)
- Working Experience, General and Specific Experiences (with dates)
- Present Employment, Status, Salary (detailing work schedule)
- Extra-Curricular Activities
- Candidates should request their referees to send under confidential cover their independent reports to the Vice Chancellor with full details of the applicant and the post applied for, not later than the closing date above. The reference letter should be marked CONFIDENTIAL on the, right hand corner the envelope.
Note: Only candidates whose applications are short-listed will be invited for interview.