If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Essential Duties Include:
Internal Audit Program Management
- Supervise Internal Audit and Trainees
- Supervise and carry out affiliate internal audit work plans.
- Supervise and ensure the referral of matters and issues which arise from observation are followed up according to the Internal Audit Protocols on a timely basis.
- For each audit performed the internal audit senior will agree or ensure that agreement has been reached with managers or other audited parties the standards that will be used.
- Contribute to and supervise the draft reports and summarize issues that are prepared by audit managers.
- Assist and supervise internal audit trainees when appropriate
- Supervise implementation of monitoring and review activities that ensure compliance.
- Supervise internal audit practices in accordance with policy of Affiliate Internal Audit Committee.
- As directed, participate in emergency reviews and investigations in accordance with the FINCA International review guidelines.
- As directed, follow up to evaluate the extent to which management implements Internal Audit Recommendations
Internal Audit Program Administration
- Internal Audit Budget and Financial Administration: Internal Audit Senior will provide details and reports of expenses and supervise their administration in accordance with FINCA International directives.
- Internal Audit Human Resource Administration: Internal Audit Senior will adhere to FINCA International directives and local procedures that ensure proper administration of human resources. The Internal Audit Senior will supervise training of internal auditors and trainees.
- Anti-Fraud: Collect, document and submit observations concerning fraud to the Affiliate Corporate Audit Manager (ACAM). Supervise reporting.
- Risk Management: Will conduct and supervise procedures as part of risk management audits as required.
- Internal Audit Schedule: Accomplish and supervise the duties delegated to the Internal Auditors in accordance with the schedule prepared by Corporate Audit Manager. Will coordinate with the audit manager to ensure schedule is met.
- Internal Audit F/I: Participate as required in ad hoc reviews and effectiveness evaluations.
- Train and Coach. Participate in and supervise Internal Audit Training and Evaluation program as directed and in accordance with F/I and local directives.
F/I Policy Assurance
- Perform and supervise audits that test for compliance with all F/I policies and procedures including FOS policies
- Supervise, monitor practice and test controls. Supervise monitoring of compliance with all new policies and procedures at F/ I.
- Follow up to ensure all findings have been responded to and addressed. Support the Affiliate Audit Committee as required.
- Supervise performance of procedures that promulgate the Internal Audit Process framework as delegated by the ACAM. Will use specific checklists, tools and aids to audit.
- Follow-up on and report on external audit recommendations.
- Various tasks as assigned by Affiliate Internal Audit Manager, the Regional Internal Audit Manager and the Audit Committee.
Ensure that customer service standards are being met which enables FINCA to better understand the customer’s experience in order to improve the products and services offered or make other operational improvements that may be deemed necessary. Conduct reviews on measureable customer service standards. The assessment reports shall include matters requiring attention, corrective action, or suggestions to streamline service delivery procedures.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A University degree (B.Sc.) preferably in Finance and Accounting.
- ACA/ACCA /CPA qualification.
- CIA/CISA (will be an added advantage)
- Must have computer proficiency in MS Office (word, excel and power point)
- 1-3 years (internal/external audit) experience in a financial institution, micro finance or banking preferred.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Decision maker: Manages difficult or emotional decision in any situations, responds promptly to the needs, and meets commitments
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, responds well to questions.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Fluency in English required, Igbo or other local language skills strongly desirable.
- Willingness to relocate to Owerri, Nigeria and to travel within the country 60%
- Enterprising and self-driven personality with the ability to adapt and acquire new skills
- Highly attentive to detail with excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Results-oriented, with the ability to drive projects from inception to execution stages
- Strong fit to FINCA’s desired corporate culture and values, and is committed to furthering FINCA’s mission and vision. In particular, must demonstrate a commitment to transparency and integrity
- Understands the needs of a start-up, with willingness and ability to perform duties beyond the scope of work
Method of Application
To apply for this position, go to Finca's Career Page on Simplicant