If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Sterling Asset Management & Trustees Limited is an end to end assets mangers and trust services providers with presence in three locations which cut across Lagos, Portharcourt and Abuja. An award winner of the Global Credit Rating (GCR) for outlook stability in the Nigerian Financial service sector for three years consecutively 2013, 2014 & 2015. Sterling Assets is a customer centric financial service firm and our goal is to exceed clients’ expectation whilst adding value to our employees who helps in achieving this objective.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Working with Research unit to generate report on general economic climate, determine industry specific development and trends to identify opportunities for the company. Providing financial advisory services and solutions for prospective investment opportunities including writing of business plans and feasibility studies and provision of financial intermediation services. Determine viability of investments including capital projects, capital market investments and sundry investments for both the company and clients. Supervision, training and guidance of analysts in Investment Banking Department.
- Carrying out advanced research on general economic dynamics and identification of investment opportunities.
- Developing project concepts and investment recommendation for company and clients.
- Acting as an advisory to clients by reviewing and recommending investments based on risk and return analysis.
- Acting as lead officer for Issuing House, Corporate Finance and Advisor mandates
- Producing transaction documents relevant to the execution of assigned projects.
- Liaising with relevant regulatory authorities, such as Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) as may be relevant to the execution of mandates
- Evaluating capital projects with the use of capital budgeting methods.
- Creating financial models using electronic spreadsheet
- Developing business plans and feasibility studies on identified opportunities.
- Preparing reports and recommendations for investment purposes.
- Comprehensive analytical review and forecast of financial statements.
- Sourcing of funds for long-term projects
- o Supervising tasks based on performance agreement goals to Analysts in Investment Banking.
- Marketing company s products and services for revenue generation.
- Recommending aids for the development of skills of personnel in Investment Banking Department to include- business ideas validation
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- M.Sc./MBA in Finance/Financial Analysis, will be of added advantage
- CRA / CIS / ICAN/ ACCA/CFA (certified) will be of added advantage.
- Minimum of 5years experience as an equity research analyst in a financial service industry
- Must be highly proficient in the use of spread sheet and equity research tools such as RSS feeds, Google Alert, Excel, SPSS & SAS
- Knowledge of regulatory environment for financial services industry, specifically the knowledge of Rules & Regulations of Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) & NSE
- Knowledge financial markets, corporate finance, financial analysis, Political awareness and socio-economic trend
Skills & Competencies
- Advanced research skills
- Analytical skills
- Applying Expertise and Technology(Microsoft Office)
- Advanced knowledge of portfolio management & wealth planning
- Deciding and initiating action
- Leading and supervising
- Creative and Innovative
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented
- Well-developed people and interpersonal skills
- Learning and researching
- Formulating strategies and concepts
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectation
- Writing and reporting
- Planning and organizing
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Good dress sense
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply via Sterling Career Page on HAS