International NGO Safety Organisation - INSO supports the humanitarian community with vital coordination and information services that save lives and improve access. INSO Nigeria is now in its opening phase. A coordination office will be opened in Abuja, and an operational office in Maiduguri. INSO Nigeria will focus its operations on North Eastern part of Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Summary of the role:
The role of the Administration Manager will be to oversee and regulate the financial, administrative and logistical functioning of INSO Nigeria. S/he will ensure compliance with relevant mandatory controls arising from Donors, Federal Republic of Nigeria (Nigeria) and INSO. As a senior post, the Country Administration Manager will report directly to the INSO Director Nigeria and will be subject to training and supervision by INSO Finance Manager. S/he will supervise one Administration assistant, one regional assistant and two drivers. The post is based in Abuja, with travel to the provinces, and is offered on a one-year contract basis.
- Lead and oversee daily accounting and financial management procedures including booking of expenses to QUICKBOOKS; maintenance of cashbooks; production and management supporting documents in accordance with relevant procedures; implementation and monitoring of internal controls; cash management, payroll management and FY audit files.
- Production of periodic financial and asset reporting as required under INSO, Donors or Nigeria policy,
- Ensure the application of all INSO, Donor or Nigeria requirements in relation to procurement processes, assets, stock management and disposal,
- Ensure the application of INSO and Nigeria requirements in the recruitment, training, employment, human resource, management and discipline/termination of all INSO employees,
- Oversee a technical support to Country Director and Safety Advisors in all administration, finance and logistic matters,
- Comply with local authorities in tax requirements. Is the focal point for all legal matters,
- Participate in the Senior Management Team and strategy definition at the country level
- Manage the work and development of local team (about five) with finance and administrative functions
- Bachelor Degree in either Business Administration or accounting,
- 5+ years’ work experience with an NGO
- Staff management and security experience
- Knowledge of administrative and logistical processes
- Experience in liaising with other organisations and government officials
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Computer literate, with good report writing and budget/financial management skills
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks.
Preferred Characteristics (Not mandatory, but advantageous. Please specify in cover letter):
- Master’s degree in Finance or Human Resources or other relevant field
- Existing (relevant) local information networks and contacts.
Method of Application
Should you consider that you meet the requirements stated, in the first instance send your current CV, no longer than two (2) pages and letter of interest stating how you meet the requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with INSO – Country Administration Manager in the subject line no later than the 15th of February 2016.