Vacancy at Energi Talent Resourcing
Posted on: 1 February, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Energi Talent Resourcing
Energi Talent Resourcing is a specialist Oil & Gas and Power Recruitment firm.
We are a new breed of recruitment solutions providers. We are setting the standard in Oil & Gas and Power industry recruitment by offering the highest level of service and delivery.
Location: Port Harcourt
Reports to: General Manager
We are currently working with a Leading Servicing Company for the Oil & Gas Sector in Nigeria for an urgent search for a Workshop Manager. Our client hosts a comprehensive workshop facility in Port Harcourt.
Purpose of the Job
- This position will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
- Co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time and to a quality standard.
- Ensures that the objectives of the project quality plan are achieved.
- Ensures that quality requirements, as laid down for repair/maintenance obligations are accomplished.
- Markets the services of the workshop to major clients.
- Reviews and implements the project quality plan with the Project Manager.
- Ensures that Client’s project quality assurance requirements are fulfilled.
- Resolves Quality Assurance problems in close cooperation with project key personnel.
- Follow-up (corrective) actions to be taken – performs quality audits.
- Marketing of the workshop the workshop services to major clients.
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labor allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinates resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensures supplies are ordered for each job
- Assist in quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Provide oversight and check job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting invoices.
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the General Manager.
- Report on manpower overturns or shortfalls.
- Act as a technical adviser on key projects and other areas of the business as requested.
- Work with the General Manager to respond to the client’s requests for updates on the status of their jobs and keep the communication channels open to ensure information is accurate.
- Identify client’s needs and explain/demonstrate Company’s services to them, which involves but is not limited to technical descriptions of products and suggest appropriate solutions, discuss with team to identify appropriate course of action.
- Develop and implement systems to record, file and store information pertaining to client enquires.
- Identify staffs that require on-going trainings and implement training opportunities to ensure their skills are improved, work with apprentices and semi-skilled staff to role model resources is informed of trends in performance.
- Promote a Health and Safety culture within the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ experience.
- Experience in Project Management is an added advantage.
- Experience in the maintenance of rotating equipment (pumps, turbines, compressors, etc.) will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge in costing services is a MUST.
- CAD drawing skills are an advantage but not essential.
- Project management experience.
- People management skills.
- Must be quality and productivity focused.
- Availability at short notice is imperative.
- Must be visionary and innovative
- Must be a stand up individual
- Must be residing in Port Harcourt
- Must possess strong work ethics, values and principles with safety as the first priority
- Must be very organized and possess a high level of initiative
Method of Application
Please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Energi Talent ResourcingSimilar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Fresh Jobs at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- HR,Talent Manager at an Oil and Gas EPC Company - Aldelia Limited
- Job Vacancies at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Interns at Wartsila Marine and Power Services Nigeria Limited
- Mooring Master at GUS Consulting Limited
- Fresh Jobs at Human Leadership Resources
- Accounts Supervisor at an Oil and Gas Firm - Lagem Firma and Partners