The Ministry of Education, Science and Technology Jigawa State announces the existence of positions of Registrars and is seeking for suitable qualified candidates to fill the vacancies in the following Tertiary Institutions under its purview:
- Jigawa State Institute of Information Technology, Kazaure
- Jigawa State College of Education, Gumel
- Jigawa State Polytechnic, Dutse
- Binyaminu Usman Polytechnic, Hadejia.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
The Registrar is the Chief Administrative officer and is responsible to the Rector/Provost for the general administration of the Institution/College. The Registrar shall serve as:
- Secretary to the Governing Council
- Secretary to the Academic Board
- Secretary to all statutory committees
- Responsible for keeping all records of the Institution/College other than financial and medical
- Issuing of Certificates of Service and other Attainment
- Liaise with other Institutions on academic matters
- Performs any other function that may be assigned by the Rector/ Provost.
Qualification and Experience
Candidate seeking for the post should possess the following qualifications:
- A holder of good honors Degree from a recognized Institution with at least 17 years cognate experience for the Binyaminu Usman Polytechnic, Hadejia, 16 years for the Polytechnic, 18years for College of Education and Informatics Institute Kazaure
- A holder of Masters Degree in relevant field from a recognized Institution with at least 15 years cognate experience
- A holder of Doctorate Degree in relevant field with at least 12 years cognate experience
- A member of relevant professional body! bodies in Nigeria
- Knowledge of ICT is an essential requirement
Terms of Appointment/Condition of Service
- The appointment is for an initial term of (5) five years renewable for (3) three years and no more.
- The salary is consolidated as applied to Jigawa Tertiary Institutions.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should submit (15) copies of hand written application with detailed Curriculum Vitae under confidential cover in an envelope marked Post of Registrar of the Institution of choice to:
Office of the Director Tertiary Institutions,
Ministry of Education, Science and Technology,
Block 'B Q2' New Secretariat Complex,
The CV should include the following information:
- Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Local Government Area
- Permanent Home Address
- Contact address including GSM and Email
- Marital Status
- Number of Children with Ages
- Schools Attended with Dates
- Certificates obtained with Dates
- Membership of Professional Bodies
- Present Appointment with Date and Salary
- Name and Addresses of (3) three Referees
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.