African Development Bank (AfDB) established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Government, is recruiting to fill the below position:
The objective of the Loan Accounting Division (FFCO.4) is to formulate and enforce loan accounting, billing and recovery policies of the Bank Group. In addition, the Division maintains the Bank Group’s loan accounting records, prepares and issues bills for loan repayments and follows up loan arrears procedures and disseminates loan related financial statistics. Lastly, it assists borrowers in understanding the loan accounting, billing and collection procedure.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Division Manager, FFCO.4, the incumbent will:
- Conceptualize, design and implement financial models, processes and other analytical methodologies to evaluate reasonableness of conduct in-depth analysis on and report on the Bank Group loan/grant portfolio.
- Apply analytical tools to produce realistic and reliable long-term disbursement and loan income forecasts, sensitivity analyses and focused financial information. Information is used for Bank wide planning purposes.
- Formulate and evaluate financial policies and lending products as they relate to loan accounting, billing and collection.
- Formulate policies, strategies and guidelines in the area of loan accounting.
- Prepare various reports and documents for Senior Management and the Board.
- Carry out advanced analytical accounting and financial modeling using spreadsheets and the application of statistical theory.
- Develop methodologies and processes for assessing and analyzing risks embedded in the Bank’s loan portfolio.
- Control, coordinate and verify significant production jobs such as statement of loans and grants; loan amortization schedules, procurement statistics, maturity structure and currency composition of outstanding loans.
- Prepare the department’s contribution to the Annual Report and the annual Rating Agency Review booklet.
- Review the Business Processes and adapt them to loan accounting requirements.
- Conduct independent research and analyses on loan accounting issues, identify problems, propose solutions and make recommendations to Management.
- Coordinate and supervise system development, provide detailed system specifications, monitor progress and test completed product for accuracy.
- Participate in Asset Liability Management Committee Deliberations and bank wide committees and inter departmental working groups on loan accounting and related issues.
- Execute other responsibilities as assigned.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (Economics/Econometrics, Statistics, Operations Research, Finance or Mathematics), or MBA/Master with strong quantitative focus.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience.
- Excellent grasp of Financial Management concepts.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Good working knowledge of SAP R/3, specifically in the area of Finance and Treasury.
- Knowledge of or experience in the analysis of large data sets to find useful relationships.
- Extensive hands-on interaction with computer systems and analytical tools.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
- Ability to communicate (write and speak) effectively in English and/or French, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
Method of Application
To apply, visit AfDB's Career Website