The Centre for Gospel Health and Development (CeGHaD) Jos, Plateau State is a faith based organization formed under the Anglican Diocese of Jos; established in 1994 with an experience of work on various projects for over 20 years with poor, excluded and vulnerable individuals and communities. CeGHaD is an implementing partner of Christian Aid UK, Nigeria, CRS, Save the Children among others, etc.
CeGHaD with support from Christian Aid is implementing a project titled ‘Strengthening Community Health and HIV Response’. The project combines integrated community health promotion with health governance (strengthening community systems for health and resilience, health advocacy including policy review and analysis) As part of the project, an assessment of primary health centres was done in collaboration with Christian Aid in selected health facilities in Plateau State. The findings are expected to be used in engaging relevant stakeholders for improved health care financing and resourcing.
CeGHaD is seeking the services of a consultant to facilitate the development of advocacy and policy brief on the final report of findings on the PHC assessment carried out in the Plateau.
Purpose of Policy Brief
The intent of the Policy and advocacy is to create a summarized document of the PHC assessment for advocacy purposes with various stakeholders in Plateau State.
Duration of Consultancy
The consultancy is for a period of 5 working days.
1. Review the PHC assessment report and develop draft policy and advocacy briefs for review with CeGHaD and Christian Aid staff at a workshop
2. Liaise with CeGHaD project team on the information to be contained in the policy brief
3. Facilitate a workshop to train CeGHaD staff on the policy brief development process
4. Finalize the draft policy/advocacy briefs in printable format
The following qualifications are required of the consultant:
1. A good university degree in any of the social sciences and/or public health with relevant professional experience in health system strengthening
2. Very good knowledge of Nigeria’s health policies and system
3. Demonstrable analytical, writing and communication skills
4. The preferred candidate must be able to provide copy (ies) of similar work conducted in the past as proof of experience to undertake this job
Interested consultant or firm should submit a proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5th February 2016
1. A detailed overview of consultant’s academic qualifications and relevant experience to be included in his/her CV. The CV should have contact details to include physical location, telephone number and email address
2. Plan of methodology with work plan
3. Estimated budget
4. Include as an appendix, an example of a similar previous work in relation to the deliverables