Vacancy at African Development Bank (AfDB)
Posted on: 29 January, 2016
Deadline: 29 January, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at African Development Bank - AfDB
African Development Bank (AfDB) established to strengthen dialogue between the Bank and the Government, is recruiting to fill the below position:
The Integrity and Anti-Corruption Department (IACD) is responsible for:
- Developing preventive measures to proactively reduce the potential for misconduct, fraud or corruption within Bank Group financed operations.
- Conducting investigations into allegations of fraud and corruption and other sanctionable practices in Bank financed operations.
- Conducting investigations into allegations of fraud, corruption and misconduct involving Bank Group Staff with regard to Bank operations, corporate procurement, or administrative budgets, and the misuse of Bank resources.
- In this context, the Integrity and Prevention Division (IACD.1) of the Department shall maintain the highest standard of professional proficiency and integrity; and shall be guided by ethos of confidentiality and due diligence. To achieve its mandate, the Division is directly supervised by the Manager, IACD.1, who reports to the Director, IACD.0, and shall be empowered to:
- Develop and implement tools and proactive measures, including campaigns and outreach programs, to train and assist operational staff and other partners of the Bank Group, in order to proactively reduce integrity violations, misconduct, fraud or corruption within Bank Group-financed Operations; Conduct fraud and corruption awareness and publicity programs in Regional Member Countries (RMCs) as well as relevant training of Bank’s employees and external partners.
- Develop and maintain knowledge management database and information sharing network for best practices and lessons learned in integrity, prevention, detection and investigations of misconduct; Provide expert advice to management and field offices on significant integrity concerns and assess whether the potential risk is acceptable to the Bank Group, in accordance with the Bank Group’s procedures and guidelines.
- Develop tools to enhance due diligence practices and recommendation of measures or institutional reforms to close loopholes in order to ensure compliance with Bank Group policies and applicable international conventions;
- Develop and maintain risk assessment strategies and processes to strengthen and reduce vulnerability. In consultation with the Investigations Division (IACD.2), design tests to help disclose the existence of fraud, corruption or abuse;
- Provide policy support in the review and development of the department’s (IACD) internal procedures and manuals, including management of sanctions and cross-debarment issues, maintenance of IACD database of sanctioned and cross-debarred entities.
- Assess compliance with conditions for non-debarment and release from debarment in line with imposed sanctions. In consultation with the Investigations Division (IACD.2), provide support for maintenance of IACD’s record management system and in sanctions and cross-debarment activities. Also, in consultation with the Investigations Division (IACD.2), prepare key performance indicators, work plans, progress reports, and the department’s annual reports.
- Monitor and report regularly to the Director, on planned activities and programs developed for prevention work, as well as performance of any other tasks as instructed by the Director in consultation with the Investigations Division (IACD.2); review transactions or investigations to ensure that operations financed by the Bank Group comply with Bank Group policies and applicable international conventions.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Division Manager, IACD.1 the Principal Integrity Officer shall carry out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing a Training and Awareness Raising Plan for the training, capacity building and sensitization of staff and regional member countries in the prevention of fraud and corruption in bank financed activities.
- Organizing and overseeing the implementation training/capacity building, awareness raising and sensitization activities of the department for the prevention of fraud and corruption in bank financed activities.
- Identifying and organizing collaborative partnership with selected regional and international trainers or capacity development experts, including professionals for the sustainability of our training programs for staff and key stakeholders in regional member countries for the prevention of fraud and corruption.
- Facilitating the network of countries level anti-corruption experts on training and capacity building for fraud and corruption prevention activities.
- Initiating platforms for the development relevant partnerships for the sharing of information, experiences, knowledge and skills and the dissemination of information both within the bank and its external stakeholders on fraud and corruption prevention in bank wide activities.
- Designing and developing innovative training tools and modules using information on project integrity reviews, data mining, media analysis and compliances review to enhance knowledge and expertise of bank staff and key stakeholders on the prevention of fraud and corruption in bank financed activities.
- Engaging departments on lessons learned and findings of IACD programmes for improving integrity in project implementation.
- Developing presentations, seminars workshops and other awareness raising and sensitization in the prevention of fraud and corruption in bank financed operations.
- Assisting in the mainstreaming of anti-corruption in bank policy documents.
- Assisting in the preparation of annual activity report on the activities of the Division and assist in its publication on the Bank’s website.
- Contributing to the Department’s Annual Integrity Reporting.
- Leading special initiatives/projects and undertake other ad hoc assignments upon demand.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master's Degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Business Administration, International Development, Public Policy and Administration or a related field.
- Professional qualification as a Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Internal Auditor.
- A minimum of 6 (six) years’ experience in the area of governance, anti-corruption and anti-fraud in government, private, civil society sector, a multi-lateral development financial institution or relevant development organization.
- Practical experience in training, and capacity building, awareness raising and sensitization strategies.
- Ability to develop training manuals, tools and online training materials.
- Strong time management and document management skills with fine attention to detail
- Experience in working and living in Africa.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- Strong and proven ability to write, present and report clearly.
- Excellent planning, organizational and analytical ability; attention to detail and ability to work independently and manage challenges.
- Integrity and strong interpersonal skills, with and proven ability to work in a team to develop trust and demonstrate fairness.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and/or French with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of the Bank’s standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Method of Application
To apply, visit AfDB's Career Website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about African Development Bank - AfDBSimilar Jobs
- Graduate Internal Control Officers at ARM Life Plc
- Latest Recruitment at The World Bank
- Senior System Administrator at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Latest Recruitment at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Fresh Job Recruitment at The World Bank
- Graduate Relationship Officers at a Non-Bank Financial Institution
- Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program 2018 - African Development Bank (AfDB)
- Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) Recruitment for Team Lead, Compensation & Benefits