The International Finance Corporation (IFC), the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is a global investor and advisor committed to promoting projects in its developing member countries that are economically beneficial, financially and commercially sound, and environmentally and socially sustainable. IFC finances private sector investments, mobilizes capital in the international financial markets, helps clients improve social and environmental sustainability, and provides technical assistance and advice to governments and businesses in the developing world.
Scope of Work: The Investment Analysts will work closely with IFC’s Investment Officers, who are responsible for business development, project design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects in the manufacturing, agribusiness and services sectors in Sub Saharan Africa. The Investment Analysts will help identify new projects, assist Investment Officers in executing deals and supervise a portfolio of loan, quasi-equity and equity investments.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Create financial models;
- Analyze historical and projected financial statements;
- Conduct industry and market research and assist in IFC’s business development efforts;
- Review company information and prepare reports on periodic financial statements and project progress reports and other information submitted by clients;
- Prepare documentation for IFC internal processes;
- Establish and maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities;
- Participate in investment negotiations;
- Participate in monitoring of investments in portfolio companies.