Job at International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES)
Posted on: 26 January, 2016
Deadline: 10 February, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at International Foundation for Elec
International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES), a reputable international NGO that supports the building of electoral democracies with support from USAID, seeks a qualified applicant to fill the vacant position below in its Abuja office:
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise, mentor and direct other accounting staff
- Pay ad hoc and recurrent expenditures
- Manage banking transactions;
- Prepare bi-monthly financial reports;
- Assist programs in preparing budgets and also contribute in preparing reprogram/cost or no cost extension budgets;
- Provide information for preparing monthly field office wire request and budget;
- Enter transactions in financial system;
- Periodic bank/accounts reconciliation
- Maintain cash in safe account;
- Initiate payment instructions
- Assist in EMB training on financial management
- Segregate expenses by related protect;
- Provide finance guidance to program and administrative staff.
- Track advance payment to ensure clearing of all advances;
- Review travel expense reports and other payment requests for approval;
- Maintain and update accrual information (vacation, severance, etc);
- Maintain tax records and make timely payments;
- Sub-grants financial management:
- Evaluating sub-grant proposals and budgets
- Reviewing sub-grants financial report to ensure compliance with terms of sub-grant and liaising with sub-grantee(s) where and when necessary;
- Assist in providing training as needed to sub-grantee on IFES sub-grants and USAID financial regulations;
- Perform other responsibilities assigned by supervisor and/or Chief of Party
Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Financial Management or any related field
- Minimum of 10 years relevant work experience in the financial management and/or accounting field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in managerial role.
- Demonstrated financial management and accounting skill
- Proven ability to mentor, motivate, work as part of a team and being able to meet deadlines.
- In depth knowledge and experience with USAID and other donor financial management, reporting requirements, sub-grants procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and accounting software especially QuickBooks is required Excellent oral and written communication skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application to: email@example.com
- Highest consideration will be given to applicants who demonstrate strong and proven track record with democracy and governance work.
- Only applications received by email will be considered and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IF...Similar Jobs
- Country Director at Chemonics International Inc
- Senior Advisor at Marie Stopes International
- Fresh Vacancies at Solidarites International
- Project Driver at the North East Regional Initiative (NERI) Nigeria
- Latest Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Deputy Team Leader, Anti-Corruption at Palladium Group
- Job Opportunities at The United Nations World Food Programme
- Field Enumerator (Baseline Survey) at Mercy Corps Nigeria