Current Job at GE Nigeria Oil & Gas
Posted on: 26 January, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at GE - General Electric
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The candidate will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategy to build the Commercial Operations function for Turbo-machinery Solutions (TMS), Downstream Technology Solutions (DTS), GE Digital business in the SSA region
- Manage CM% as sold, Commercial Base Cost, ITO ownership, Develop the offer (owning the regional cost), Negotiation within DOA, ITO cycle time, Commercial, Commercial workforce effectiveness, tools and system deployments Excellence, Pricing, Bid to win, Bid No Bid, Regional base Costs, Account Management customer interface Commercial
- Manage a Team of commercial Operations inside SSA, building capabilities across the region for TMS/DTS/Digital flow and services.
- Manage all aspects of bid preparation efforts in accordance with the SS business rules and Inquiry to Order (ITO) processes and liaise with regional and global leadership on bid related matters. Ensure all pertinent bid related data for the region is accurately and entered into salesforce.com.
- Develop, lead, coach and retain key talent within TMS/DTS/Digital Commercial Operations providing clear direction, feedback and developing suitable career paths within the region.
- Provide training/mentoring of new team members as required.
- Work closely with the SSA regional management team on the region’s bidding strategy, risk management, local sourcing, contract negotiations help develop long term strategies to increase "Speed to yes", improving win rates and comply to local content regulations and policies.
- Lead change management processes to challenge the current commercial systems/processes inorder to reduce cycle time, improve service quality and reduce costs. Drive employee accountability to agreed and implemented changes
- Develop strong working partnerships with the other functions (Legal, Finance, Applications,Sourcing etc.) to enable effective communications, on-time responses, improved information flow to help shape winning and profitable bids
- Own and manage DoA, R-tables process for TMS/DTS/Digital in the region - enforce and facilitate deal and risk reviews, and manage contract negotiations. Implement rigorous, balanced risk mitigation measures in bid preparation phase to enable regional growth while avoiding unknown, unquantified risks.
- Support in the development and introduction of appropriate metrics for the Commercial Operations team
- Ensure compliance with all corporate commercial practices and standards. Understand all 3rd party relationships in the region, including local requirements (such as certifications and/or norms) and enforce compliance requirements and policies.
- Updating Vendor List according to our product line.
- B.Sc. University degree or equivalent preferably in an Engineering or Commercial discipline
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills ability to effectively influence and negotiate at all levels
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal, with the ability to communicate complex information in a simplified fashion
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to simultaneously manage multiple bids/projects.
- Financially & commercially astute - a strong understanding of contracts, business financials and reporting.
- Positive, mature, can-do approach to work and to problem solving
- Results orientated, self-driven individual with passion, drive and energy and ability to influence without authority in a multi-disciplinary, matrixed environment
- Prior experience in analysing, translating & completing complex bids/proposals
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- Oil & Gas commercial experience or exposure
- Salesforce.com tool expertise
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should, visit GE's Career Website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GE - General ElectricSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Lead, OAL at AOS Orwell
- Technical Jobs at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Job Openings at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Engineering Supervisors at an Oil and Gas Firm - Rovedana Limited
- Senior Project Manager at a Multinational EPC Company - Aldelia Limited
- Subsurface Technical Manager at WTS Energy
- 2018 Internship Recruitment (Undergraduate) at Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL)
- Internal Audit Assistant at Trithel International Consulting Limited