Career at British American Tobacco
Posted on: 22 January, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Responsible for ensuring the efficient supervision of all related Intercompany and fixed Asset transactions in ensuring the integrity of the Company’s related party payables and receivables / assets are stated accurately on a monthly basis within the General Ledger function.
- The Job holder is expected to improve the propriety and accuracy of all transactions domiciled in the accounts of the Company.
- The Job holder is expected to ensure that all records in the books of the company and its subsidiaries are a true reflection of its activities.
- The Job holder is expected to ensure compliance with the Company’s policy on records management
- The Job holder is also expected to ensure that the Company maintains proper record in terms of all related party transactions and fixed asset register.
- Serve as a key user as well as first point of reference on issues relating to Intercompany / Fixed Asset, in the company’s accounting enterprise resource programme (ERP), presently, Systems Applications and Procedures (SAP).
- The Job holder is to ensure that policies and procedures put in place to ensure the efficient and effective operation of Intercompany /Fixed Asset transactions are enforced
- Support and develop team members of lower grade to ensure smooth succession
- Ensure participation of self and team members in trainings aimed at adding value to the unit, department and Company
- Build and equip the potentials and competencies of team members while attending to areas requiring attention
- Ensure that the Company’s internal control environment with respect to the company’s financial record on intercompany /fixed assets are efficient and effective
- Create an atmosphere in which all team members can perform to their optimum
- Ensure alignment of Intercompany /Fixed Assets Performance objectives from FAM through FD (include cross-functional linkages) and down through Finance structure
- Improve the exiting level of relationship between the unit and its stakeholders
- Ensure that the unit optimises the use of IT technology in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the unit
- Optimise the use of Information Technology to ensure knowledge management within the unit
- Good interpersonal skills is required as the job holder would be expected to relate with various other sub-units in finance i.e. marketing finance, operations finance, accounts payable, treasury e.t.c.
- Relationship with all staff is inevitable as the Job holder supervises the company’s financial record.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- A good knowledge of book keeping and financial reporting is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft words & excel is required. Also good knowledge of the Company Enterprise Resource Programme, currently systems applications and procedures (SAP) especially General Ledger in FI module is essential.
- The Job holder is expected to be a first degree holder in social sciences and or at least a finalist in a recognised professional accountancy examination, while membership of such professional bodies will be an added advantage
Method of Application
To apply for this position, visit British American Tobacco (BAT) Career Website
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American TobaccoSimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Juan Industries Limited
- Machine Operator at Rhabe Ventues Limited
- ERP Operations Manager - PM at Dangote Group
- Latest Jobs at Fan Milk Plc
- Office Assisitant at Adunni Organics
- Admin Officer at Coleman Cables and Wires
- Manager Production at GBFoods - Africa GINO BU
- WECA Distribution Manager at Kimberly-Clark