Fresh Vacancy at Save The Children Nigeria
Posted on: 22 January, 2016
Deadline: 28 January, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization creating lasting change in the lives of children in over 20 countries around the world. Recognized for our commitment to accountability, innovation and collaboration, our work takes us into the heart of communities, where we help children and families help themselves.
We work with other organizations, governments, non-profits and a variety of local partners while maintaining our own independence without political agenda or religious orientation. Save the Children’s mission is to Inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- The Operations Assistant will work closely with the Operations Team, this role will be responsible for providing operational and administrative support to the entire Operations Management Team.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Information & Administrative Support:
- Provide coordination support to the Operations Management Team - monitoring and establishing schedules, meetings, country visits etc.
- Support the collation and monitoring of the Operations Management Team work plan.
- Plan, set-up, co-ordinate and minute the key internal and external meetings and workshops relating to the Operations Management Team.
- Minute and document key decisions in meetings as required
- Any other relevant task as assigned by the line manager.
- Provide operational and administrative support to the Operations Management Team in regards to specific responses or Country Offices, including taking responsibility for minutes, contact lists, report collation and filing.
- The incumbent may be assigned to support the logistics department or programs in delivery key task assigned. The support can be administrative/coordination (e.g. developing GANTT charts, establishing meetings, information sharing).
- The incumbent may be deployed in support of humanitarian emergency responses, assessments, evaluations, reviews and/or surged to Country Offices.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent
- 2years relevant working experience
- Proven experience in providing high quality administrative and personal assistant services to senior level staff
- Demonstrable ability to develop and maintain office and management information systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation globally.
- Assertive and pro-active, with the ability to work on own initiative with little supervision
- A flexible approach with the ability to manage an unpredictable workload.
- Experience of problem solving & highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong capabilities with MS Windows, including Excel and PowerPoint
- Commitment to Save the Children values.
Method of Application
To apply for the position, visit Save The Children Career Page on Simplicant
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Request For Quotations at Norwegian Church Aid
- Job Opportunities at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Country Director at Center for Civilians in Conflict's (CIVIC)
- Construction Supervisor at The Agency For Technical Cooperation And Development (ACTED)
- Job Vacancies at The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
- Admin Supervisor at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
- Latest Vacancies at Palladium Group
- Advocacy and Events Assistant at HarvestPlus - International Institute of Tropical Agriculture