Andela is a global talent accelerator that produces world-class developers and connects them with top employers. Andela finds the brightest young people in Africa and gives them the training and mentorship needed to thrive as full-time, remote developers for companies around the world. The company is backed by investors including Steve Case, Omidyar Network, Founder Collective, Rothenberg Ventures, Learn Capital, Melo7 Tech Partners, and Chris Hughes. Andela has offices in North America and Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
About the Facilities Associate - Nigeria:
Andela is seeking a Facilities Associate to help maintain all Andela buildings and grounds facilities. It entails supervision of tasks related to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, security, environmental, safety, procurement, custodial and event coordination. This position requires a team player attitude, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, attention to details and project coordination. The Facilities Associate should have the ability to collaborate with and support all stakeholders/interfaces.
In this job you will:
Support the facilities manager in ensuring that all our facilities conform to Andela Facilities management standards in addition to global health, safety, security and environment standards.
You will also:
- Supervise the cleaning and housekeeping in all facilities
- Manage the store by keeping accurate store record
- Document all routine tasks carried out and document all materials used for easy tracking
- Track all PPM works and ensure they are carried out
- Assist with vendor/contractor supervision
- Closely monitor equipment maintenance. Also maintain accurate records of all maintenance & repairs.
- Oversee and provide event co-ordination
- Monitor suppliers’ performance in line with KP!s, contractual obligations and SLA
- Work with the Facilities Manager to report problems, solutions, and costs associated. Provide a weekly status update on any pending project
- Work with Facilities Manager to manage annual facility budget
- Assist with the procurement of all request and supplies
- Regularly inspect properties for any maintenance or areas of concern
- Ensure compliance and implementation of policies as they relate to facilities
- Maximise the cost of individual events by creating and tracking budgets for each event, in agreement with the Facility Manager
- Liaise with technical staff to ensure timely and correct set up and delivery of operational aspects of events including lighting, sound, staging etc.
- Support office logistics and travel management activities as required
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the senior management team, in accordance with the scope and responsibilities of the role
- Consult/work with other senior managers on specific initiatives as required
Qualifications & Characteristics
As the ideal candidate for this role you:
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Must work effectively with and collaborate with others
- Must be self-motivated and willing to serve
- Must have ability to execute projects systematically
- Must be meticulous and be a stickler for orderliness and cleanliness
- Must have ability to manage artisans and technicians
- Must be proficient in computer applications using Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, etc.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills
- Must possess a minimum of 3 years experience in facilities management and supervising others
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skill to build manage established Facilities Management(FM) systems
- Ability to supervise a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to quickly build trust with staff, vendors, and junior staff.
- Computer literacy and ability to use excel to create FM reports
- Ability to adapt and scale operations rapidly
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work under tight deadlines, as well as to work on own initiative and as a member of a team.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Medical coverage
- Breakfast and Lunch provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should visit Andela's Career Page on GreenHouse
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale