Cross River State is strategically located in the oil-rich Niger Delta region in the South-South ego-political zone of Nigeria and shares international boundary(s) with Cameroon and Equatorial Guinea. It occupies a land mass of 23,074 square km and human population in excess of 3 million. The State is home to the World’s second largest preserved rain forest and the famous Annual Calabar Carnival.
The Cross River State Governments (CRSG) intention to leverage on its distinctive competencies in attracting socio-economic gains to the State, informed the setting up of some independent, market-centric Special Purpose Companies (SPCs). The SPCs are structured under public private partnership (joint venture) arrangements to activate the huge resource potentials in the State from root to branch and by so doing, trigger desired contagion in the local economy.
In furtherance of this, the CRSG hereby invites applications from suitably qualified and well motivated professionals with the right industry exposure and stakeholders’ orientation, within realities of the local and international operating environment to lead in the Capacity below:
- Cross River Cement Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/CEMCoy015
- Cross River Micro Finance Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/MfinanceCoy014
- Cross River Petroleum Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/PetrolCoy013
- Cross River Cocoa Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/CocoaCoy012
- Cross River Rice Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/RicecityCoy011
- Cross River Mega City Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/McityCoy010
- Cross River Toll Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/TollCoy009
- Cross River Mining Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/MiningCoy008
- Cross River Quarry Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/QuarryCoy007
- Cross River Livestock Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/LivestockCoy006
- Cross River Maize Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/MaizeCoy005
- Cross River Banana Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/BanaCoy004
- Cross River Electricity Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/ElectCoy003
- Cross River Tank Farm City Limited >>> Ref: CEO/Tankfarm002
- Cross River Port Company Limited >>> Ref: CEO/Ports001
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Develop the Company’s (draft) 10-year strategic plan and budget including governance considerations for review and possible adoption by the Board of Directors;
- Provide executive direction and leadership by example to the management team and employees of the Company with regard to greenfleid opportunity development, creative financing, revenue growth, cost management & governance;
- Ensure industrial harmony. risk management, quality at entry and exit in the Company’s operations without compromising ethics, environmental & social sustainability standards;
- Ensure result oriented stakeholder engagement, efficient project management, sustainable bottom-line within the universe of opportunities, regulatory compliance and proactive response to potential ‘hidden surprises’ in the business segment;
- Periodic reporting to the Board of Directors as prescribed in the CRSG MOFI’s Enterprise Governance Manual to apprise the Board of progress, new opportunities, issues and risks associated with the operations of the Company.
- Minimum of first degree in Petroleum Studies, Engineering, Management, Law or relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years industry experience: at least 5 years in upstream/midstream/downstream operations from start to finish at executive management level,
- Verifiable evidence of managing related project portfolio in excess of USD 150 million or equivalent during the last 3 years.
Salary and Benefit Package
Salary and benefits shall be competitive & negotiable, commensurate with the professional experience of the candidate and benchmarked against Board approved strategic plan on case by case basis.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates, without regard to nationality may forward applications (in English) including capability statement (1 page) with curriculum vitae in seven original copies, stating position and reference code on the envelope to the address below:
The Chief Economic Adviser,
State Planning Commission,
New Secretariat Complex,
Cross River State
(Electronic submissions shall not he accepted).
- Candidates are expected to meet the requirements specified above and to pitch for not more than one company under the Cross River State Special Purpose Companies (SPCs), applications received for two or more positions by a candidate shall be automatically disqualified.
- Cross River State Government is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates including physically challenged persons with the above credentials are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates’ shall be contacted for further selection process. CRSG reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Canvassing at any stage of this recruitment process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale