ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is a not for profit, non-governmental entity registered with the Nigeria Corporate Affairs Commission. It commenced operations in Nigeria in 1999, while the programmatic operations commenced in January 2000 through a Country Agreement signed with the National Planning Commission of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
We are inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the position of:
- ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is seeking a consultant to edit the public finance management roadmap report of the Strengthening Public Finance Management in Nigeria co funded by ActionAid Nigeria and Oxfam Nigeria.
- AAN is an affiliate of ActionAid International, which is a global alliance of organisations working towards achieving a world without poverty and injustice in which every person enjoys the right to a life with dignity. One of the largest and most visible development organisations, we work in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas and our expertise lies in community-led approaches to development, working through partnerships with poor people and their organisations.
- The Strengthening the Public Finance Management (PFM) Roadmap is in its second year of implementation.
- It has the main deliverable of producing a roadmap report aims at strengthening the public finance practices at the national and subnational levels.
- The purpose of the roadmap is to achieve more transparency, accountability and fiscal discipline in the management of the public sector resources.
- In the year one of the project, a comparative analysis between the national and three oil producing states including Bayelsa, Rivers and Delta State of education, agriculture and health sectors was carried.
- The study revealed no significant difference of the impacts and benefits that accrued to citizens of three oil and non-oil producing states in the areas of health, agriculture and education which was due largely to mismanagement, wastes and corruption that leave almost little resources for the provisioning of the social services to the citizens at national and subnational levels.
- Consequently, the second phase of the STREPFIN project targets development of the public finance management roadmap report aims at contributing towards more transparency, accountability and fiscal discipline in the public finance management at national and subnational level.
- Subsequently, the project commissioned a consultant who developed PFM roadmap report with a scope that covered a state across the six geopolitical zones in the country.
- The consultant has three working days to carry out editing of the PFM roadmap report.
Objective of the Editing:
- Editing of the public finance management roadmap report to meet regional and international best practices in management of the public sector resources
- Inclusion of relevant information to make the report reader friendly.
Key Outcome of the Training:
- The edited report meets both regional and international best practices around public finance management.
- The consultant will provide seasoned editing to the draft report of the roadmap in order to meet both the regional and international best practices in the field of public finance management.
Scope of Work:
- Editing of the twenty six pages document with relevant materials that meet both the regional and international best practices of the public finance management.
Deliverables and Timelines:
- Editing of the document - 3 days
Profile of the Consultant
Consultant with the following qualification, expertise and skills is required for the assignment:
- An M.Sc. Economics or Accounting or Business Management with at least 10 years of experience in public finance management practices (Must). desirable
- Proven experience in and evidence of having edited and developed similar reports on public finance management
- Proven experience on most of the components including the budget, procurement, taxation, due process, and public human resource (Must)
- Able to work to tight deadlines (important)
- Open minded in terms of religion with no bias to any affiliation (important).
- The consultant will be paid N67, 000 per day for the 3 days as total fee for the consultancy. AAN will pay 50% of the total consultancy fee and remaining 50% at the completion of the assignment with submission of satisfy edited report of the roadmap.
- The consultant shall be responsible for her/his tax and other statutory obligations. ActionAid shall however deduct the statutory 5% With Holding Tax (WHT) and remit to relevant authority.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications by showing the required competencies with a cover letter and CV's, demonstrating how the skills and experience will be relevant for the activity to: email@example.com and to OboEffanga@actionaid.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.