At Isaac Hod Limited, we are a consortium of ambitious Project developers and Consultants with accumulated work experience of about 35 years in the building industry learning from the best and working in the most difficult and challenging terrains. We are part of some of the successful Estate developments in Lagos. We are focused on achieving client’s goals through detailed design work (be it Architectural, Structural, Mechanical & Electrical, Landscape designs for any kind of structure), our scope of services ranges from feasibility studies and project conception to project execution and management.
Our approach is unique, a disciplined process which is based on client input and expectations. We will tailor a customized project plan based on your design performance, schedule, quality, sustainability and budget priorities. We work closely with you to evaluate the best delivery method to fit your needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Isaac Hod Limited provides comprehensive design/build and general contracting services to corporate, institutional and developer clients. We are committed to meeting our client’s needs and exceeding their expectations by delivering quality facilities, on schedule, at the most competitive prices.
The Architect will be responsible for all areas relating to the creation of designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments. The Architect stays involved throughout the construction process, adapting their plans according to budget constraints, environmental factors or client needs. The Architect will also work closely with a range of construction professionals from quantity surveyors to building services engineers. This position will also be responsible for:
- Creating building designs and highly detailed drawings both by hand and by using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications
- Liaising with construction professionals about the feasibility of potential projects
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact and project budget
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists
- Applying for planning permission and advice from governmental new build and legal departments
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Choosing the materials to be used and specifying the requirements for the project
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction
- Making sure the project is running according to schedule and budget
- Playing a part in project and team management
- Travelling regularly to building sites, proposed locations and client meetings.
Requirements / Qualification
- Bachelor of Architecture
- 4-8 years of experience in Architecture
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- High levels of creativity, imagination and vision
- A keen interest in the built environment and the dedication to see projects to their conclusion
- Willingness to work long hours, under time and budget pressure
- Excellent design and drafting skills and proficiency with computer-aided design (CAD)
- Strong mathematical skills
- A keen eye for the detail of specific tasks, combined with an understanding of how such specifics fit in with the project as a whole.
- Organisational, project management and planning skills, including the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- An analytical mind with excellent problem-solving ability
- Leadership skills as well as the ability to work well within a team of other professionals
Method of Application
To apply, visit Isaac Hod Limited Career Page on LinkedIn
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.