Latest Job at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc
Posted on: 18 January, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc, Nigeria's largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
The Role of the Distribution Linesman-Mate is to provide support to the linesmen in performing preventive as well as assisting in planned maintenance schedule/ activities on the distribution network.
- Support experienced linesmen in performing operations and maintenance tasks within the network.
- Assists linesman in clearing electrical faults.
- Acts as custodian of line tools and materials at site, and ensuring clean and safe keeping after the day’s work.
- Participates in performing line patrol and periodic maintenance of the right-of-way of new construction or existing lines, where necessary.
- Participates in relocating, rebuilding, and adding poles on existing lines where necessary.
- Provide assistance to the linesmen during replacement and repair of service drops, as directed.
- Carries out all work in accordance with the company’s standards, policies and procedures
- Adhere to HSEQ policy and issued safety instructions in performing assigned task.
- Perform any other duty as requested by the Linesman/ Supervisor
- Holders of S.S.C.E\ G.C.E\ N.E.C.O\NABTEB or Equivalent with credit passes in five science subjects including English Language and Mathematics.
- Applicants are required to upload their CVs and their WAEC\NECO\ NABTEB Certificate when filling the application form.
- Age: Not more than 35 years old.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Good Communication Skills
- High Level of Integrity
- Team Player.
- Good climbing skills.
- Physical Agility and Stamina.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply on IKEDC Career Website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Ikeja Electricity Distribution CompanySimilar Jobs
- General Manager, Business Development & Strategy at Aeti Power Systems and Controls Limited
- Production Manager at Tranos Contracting Limited
- Administrative Officers at RainBird Nigeria Limited
- Engineering Jobs at Orion Group
- Sales/Marketing Engineers at TIKS Automations and Control Limited
- Production Manager at Tranos
- Business Development Manager - Automobile Aftermarket at Bosch Nigeria Limited
- Jobs at Machineyard.com.ng