CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm that realizes innovative solutions to health and development challenges through high-quality, cost-effective program and research management services. With experience working in more than 80 countries, we combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. We apply a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field.
Building on the experience of our founding companies CAMRIS has nearly 60 years of experience implementing international development programs. CAMRIS’ practice areas include global health, agriculture and food security, economic development, education, environment, humanitarian assistance, democracy and governance and medical research. CAMRIS’ proven performance in monitoring and evaluation, project design and implementation, capacity building, research and other capabilities on more than 2,000 contracts testifies to our ability to meet the highest standards of public and private sector clients worldwide.
CAMRIS International, a member of The Partners for Global Research and Development Group (PGRDG), seeks a qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidate for an anticipated multi-year USAID funded contract that will provide monitoring and evaluation (M&E) services to USAID’s activities and projects related to the U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) in Nigeria. PEPFAR is the U.S. Government initiative to help save the lives of those suffering from HIV/AIDS around the world.
The purpose of the contract is to provide M&E and learning support services to generate evidence that will guide ongoing and future USAID and OGAC/PEPFAR investments in Nigeria. The intention is to enhance the monitoring, evaluation, and learning capability of PEPFAR projects and programs and to ensure empirical evidence for programming, learning and adapting.
The ideal COP candidate will possess deep M&E expertise in the HIV/AIDS field, have prior COP or senior management experience, and be well versed in both PEPFAR and USAID’s M&E systems and standards of practice. The COP must be well versed in PEPFAR’s evolution from inception to its current iteration, Phase III. The COP must be familiar with the Nigerian PEPFAR context.
The COP will serve as lead person responsible for coordinating and overseeing work under this contract, while ensuring quality control and compliance. The COP will:
- Lead all planning and implementation of PEFAR related M&E activities. Provide management, strategic direction and oversight to the project’s technical, administrative and financial performance.
- Guide a team that includes a range of technical experts, administrative staff, and consultants to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage all contract reporting and document production.
- Ensure compliance with USAID and PEPFAR M&E rules, regulations and policies while meeting project targets.
- Lead all coordination and liaise frequently and regularly with a variety of public and private stakeholders, including USAID staff, project participants, implementing partners, local, regional and national governments, international organizations and donors as well as staff in similar projects.
- Lead the design and ensure the responsiveness and quality of capacity building and technical assistance services delivered to USAID.
- Identify and anticipate issues related to strategy and implementation and ensure appropriate adjustments.
- Integrate gender and local context into strategy and activities.
- Attend local, regional and international meetings, as required.
- Act as the point of contact between the project, USAID, and PGRDG headquarters.
- Travel throughout Nigeria as needed.
- Advanced degree in public health, epidemiology, international development, management, or a related field required. A PhD is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation. Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to monitoring, evaluation, and learning is required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in leadership or management roles on United States Government funded health programs.
- Strong knowledge of PEPFAR objectives, approaches and operations, particularly as they relate to monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Experience managing PEPFAR data collection and reporting processes through PEPFAR’s Site Improvement through Monitoring System (SIMS).
- Deep experience designing and implementing impact and performance evaluations, complex research studies and surveys.
- Experience providing capacity development and trainings to USAID and implementing partner staff.
- Prior work experience in Nigeria is highly preferred.
- Experience supporting US Government senior management staff in strategic planning.
- Strong communication, supervision, and management skills and experience.
- Fluency in English required. Proficiency in Hausa and/or Yoruba preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
Method of Application
Visit CAMRIS career website on ICIMS to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.