Our Client is a leader in the financial services sector located in Lagos and looking to fill the role of a Trainee Financial Analyst in its Corporate Finance department.
Learn business by completing work assignments in the department, implementing educational knowledge; gain operational knowledge and experience required by working alongside managers and accepting delegated responsibilities and duties with the goal of eventually becoming a Financial Analyst.
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Assist prepare charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected revenues and expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them. i.e.;
- Assist Analyze trends in revenues and expenses.
- Assist Prepare spreadsheets, graphs, and charts to help illustrate financial trends.
- Assist in presenting financial information to managers.
- Assist in performing revenue and expense forecasts in order to make financial decisions.
- Assist in Creating and reviewing financial records.
- Preparing budgets.
- Track financial status by monitoring variances from plan as directed.
- Assist in preparing financial spreadsheets and other reports in order to predict current and future financial performance.
- Use company reports to analyze sales, gross profit and inventory activity.
- Identify trends and recommends proactive or remedial action to manage business situations.
- Report market activity to management by monitoring and analyzing competitive company activities.
- Work with and through management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and profitability.
- Make presentations to management or staff on financial research and analyses performed.
- Achieve a passing score in all areas of the management training program in order to continue in the program.
- Any other assignment assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be a 1st class/ 2nd graduate of numerate or business management-related disciplines ONLY.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC programme
- Experience in financial analysis is desired but not compulsory
- Maximum desired age is 28 years old
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities Requirements:
- Basic proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company
- Analytical skills, Assertive skills & Time management skills
- Ability to carry out detailed research without supervision.
Method of Application
Qualified graduates should forward CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using ‘grade, school, course of study & age’ as subject of mail. e.g. ‘1st class, LASU, ECONOMICS, 27’ before 30th January, 2016. Only qualified applicants who meet the aforementioned requirements will be considered. (Please be guided)!