Our Client is a leader in the financial services sector located in Lagos and looking to fill the role of a Trainee Financial Analyst in its Corporate Finance department.
Learn business by completing work assignments in the department, implementing educational knowledge; gain operational knowledge and experience required by working alongside managers and accepting delegated responsibilities and duties with the goal of eventually becoming a Financial Analyst.
- Observe experienced workers to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures, and standards required for performance of departmental duties.
- Assist prepare charts and diagrams showing prior, current and projected revenues and expenditures to provide a basis for comparison and evaluation.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them. i.e.;
- Assist Analyze trends in revenues and expenses.
- Assist Prepare spreadsheets, graphs, and charts to help illustrate financial trends.
- Assist in presenting financial information to managers.
- Assist in performing revenue and expense forecasts in order to make financial decisions.
- Assist in Creating and reviewing financial records.
- Preparing budgets.
- Track financial status by monitoring variances from plan as directed.
- Assist in preparing financial spreadsheets and other reports in order to predict current and future financial performance.
- Use company reports to analyze sales, gross profit and inventory activity.
- Identify trends and recommends proactive or remedial action to manage business situations.
- Report market activity to management by monitoring and analyzing competitive company activities.
- Work with and through management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and profitability.
- Make presentations to management or staff on financial research and analyses performed.
- Achieve a passing score in all areas of the management training program in order to continue in the program.
- Any other assignment assigned from time to time.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must be a 1st class/ 2nd graduate of numerate or business management-related disciplines ONLY.
- Must have completed the mandatory NYSC programme
- Experience in financial analysis is desired but not compulsory
- Maximum desired age is 28 years old
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities Requirements:
- Basic proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the company
- Analytical skills, Assertive skills & Time management skills
- Ability to carry out detailed research without supervision.
Method of Application
Qualified graduates should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘grade, school, course of study & age’ as subject of mail. e.g. ‘1st class, LASU, ECONOMICS, 27’ before 30th January, 2016. Only qualified applicants who meet the aforementioned requirements will be considered. (Please be guided)!
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.