FINCA is a leading international Microfinance Institution offering financial services and products to small scale businesses that have been turned down by traditional banks, so that these businesses can start, grow, and diversify with resulting increases in family income, nutrition, employment and well-being.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
FINCA is recruiting for an experienced, motivated and hands-on Service Desk Analyst (SDA) to join FINCA Microfinance bank Limited, Owerri Nigeria. This is an officer position with a direct reporting line to the Information Services Manager or as may be assigned, and is responsible to effectively manage calls, incidents and order to ITIL standards in order to resolve technical queries.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible in providing support to customer raising issues with IT and ability to learn technical concepts quickly in order to deliver world class customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Call, Incident and Order Management:
- To provide an efficient single point of customer contact with IT regarding incidents and service requests through the available communication channels (phone, email, call management systems).
- To deliver first line IT support function and services categorized as online to the business. Online services include password reset, user accounts locking / unlocking, force user logouts, statement queue maintenance, process and general inquiries.
- To identify and collect sufficient information from customers regarding incidents and service requests through smart initial analysis.
- To ensure that all reported or identified incidents and service requests are logged into the relevant call management systems, well categorized, prioritized and assigned to the correct resolver teams both internal and external, including vendors.
- To alert the business and other relevant stakeholders of high impact incident through service exception alerts, service exception reports and the internal IT incident white board.
- To solicit for feedback and completion estimates from resolver groups and provide regular updates to customers regarding incidents and service requests.
- To identify and escalate approaching or crystallized SLA breaches regarding logged incidents and service requests.
- To ensure all relevant service desk processes and procedures are up to date, identifying process improvements where possible
- To drive forward the continuous improvement of the Africa FINCA Services function by championing change and creating, amending and vetting the knowledge.
- To proactively coach less experienced or junior colleagues in all areas of their development including initial periods of training for new members of the team.
- Responsible for driving own Performance Development, collating relevant documentation, preparing for and arranging reviews and 1:1's
- By utilizing skills matrix, identify training and development requirements, formulating own plan to be agreed with team leader. Responsible for ensuring own plan is completed within agreed timescales.
- Undertake all necessary training in order to perform the role to the required standards, including gaining accreditation where appropriate.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-2 years work experience in help desk and utilization of telephony.
- Proven ability in effective communication.
- General experience in office to maintain organization and efficiency at B3 level.
- Experience of performance development.
- Knowledge of time management and need for prioritization.
- Internal and External IT Environment
- Basic understanding of the internal and external environment:
- Can describe the major roles and responsibilities of the IS function
- Can identify key activities performed by IS professionals and managers and key departments/functions
- Familiar with company's stated IS practices and direction and major IS initiatives and key issues
- Can identify and interpret key policies, standards and procedures affecting own area
- Understands the basic concepts and benefits of the IS strategy
- Aware of new information Services platforms and technologies
- Can discuss specific technology application opportunities in own area
- Can describe basic concepts of a business function or product
- Familiar with relevance of technology for that business, function or product
- Can identify applications/components that support that business
- Aware of how that product fits in with the banks strategy
- Understands basic concepts of major activities associated with functional analysis:
- Able to reference and interpret functional requirements documentation
- Can identify main platform vendors
- Understands the inter-relationship of software, hardware and comms components
- Can explain basic concepts of human factors for the design of effective screens and reports
- Understands basic development concepts and techniques:
- Can describe basic concepts of prototyping and modelling for application development
- Can describe basic concepts of programming and program construction activities
- Familiar with the capabilities of major programming languages
- Understands basic concepts of traditional, structured approaches to application development
- Can describe different types of application delivery platforms, technologies and toolkits
- Can identify types of testing and testing tools used in own function or unit
- Familiar with alternative implementation strategies such as pilot and parallel testing
- Can identify major activities associated with application deployment
- Aware of platform or technology specific standards, policies and practices
- Understands basic concepts of service delivery:
- Understands principles of service levels, capacity plans, availability and continuity planning
- Can describe basic concepts and features of system performance and familiar with reporting and record keeping procedures
- Can identify maintenance policy and cycle for own environment
- Understands the concept of urgency for each of the major locally relevant applications
- Aware of basic concepts of major activities associated with workflow analysis and available workflow tools
- Understands basic concepts of administration activities associated with managing systems
- Aware of available and planned system support services
- Can describe basic concepts of major activities associated with functional analysis
- Understands the relationship of the prior and following steps in the development process
- Understands basic concepts of service support:
- Can describe the differences & correlation between incidents & problems
- Understands the basic concepts behind effective technical documentation
- Understands the role of an integrated service desk
- Understands basic concepts behind effective technical documentation
- Can discuss characteristics of well and poorly written documentation
- Can describe different types of scripting and utility tools relevant to their technical discipline
- Understands the meaning of information security within an application system:
- Aware of technologies and processes for providing data and system integrity
- Can identify basic policies and practices
- Has a practical experience and awareness of how information security is implemented and maintained
- Aware of architectural initiatives and blueprints for own area; able to describe the local technology architecture
- Aware of technical architecture standards and considerations
- Can describe basic activities and deliverable associated with functional analysis and application design
- Able to describe some of the risks and benefits of technology integration projects
- Aware of major software, hardware or application integration initiatives and plans
- Understands and explains characteristics and behaviors valued within the organization
- Identifies common types of business risk and knows when there is a need for action
- Understands how to escalate breaches of policy and when to ask for support;
- Aware of the need and reasons for budgeting and of the major budget items in own organization
- Can organize self to execute activities and tasks to plan;
- Is able to clearly convey an issue, problem or situation;
- Is familiar with problem solving and escalation practices;
- Can identify key characteristics of effective customer service and can ask for help when
- necessary to provide customer satisfaction
- Develops basic presentations to influence others;
- Contributes to and encourages ideas; builds on suggestions of others;
- Inspires confidence by making and honoring commitments; demonstrates initiative and competence; communicates a vision and strategy of own role
- Demonstrates initiative and competence; supports and encourages positive working behaviours in others;
- Experienced in supervising a team, managing performance on an on-going basis, and creating and managing project plans; effectively delegates tasks; provides examples of own ability to shift well from task to task;
- Understands different project methodologies, project lifecycles, major phases, dependencies and milestones within a project, and the required documentation needs;
- Knows the objectives, initiatives and issues of HR and finance departments, and the relevant regulatory agencies and regulations
- Understand own learning style; learns from mistakes or successes for future planning and development; Familiar with journals and material relevant to specialty and industry;
- Has coached one or more people on a specific skill or subject-area; determines individual and team skill requirements and development needs
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria.
- General Knowledge of a wide range of group products, services and applications relevant to the area
- Knowledge of SLA's and working to deadlines
- Experience of working within a customer service environment
- Awareness of industry standard accreditation's
Method of Application
To apply for this position, go to Finca's Career Page on Simplicant
Note: For consideration of your application, CVs must be in Word or PDF format and less than 4 pages.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.