If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The British High Commission is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to deliver highest possible standards of service by selecting experienced and professional staff to fill the position of:
Main Purpose of Job
- To issue, collect, assemble, check and create Itinerary of Local staff vetting records, making files ready for Security Manager to approve
Roles and Responsibilities
- Job holder will be reporting directly to and assisting the OSM to security screening of all Local Staff.
- The work requires the Jobholder to print and distribute security forms, collect in and then create files for each individual. If after checking an individual’s form it is seen that information is missing or not clear, the Jobholder will be expected to contact/visit the staff member so that the form can be completed to the necessary requirements.
- Once files are completed Jobholder will present to OSM for final checking and certification. Jobholder will then be expected to package and send all files to Personnel Vetting Department in UK. Confidentiality and good communication skills with our local staff will be essential.
- Expected to work for 20 hours per week
Key Competences required:
- Competence 1: Leading and Communicating.
- Competence 2: Collaborating and Partnering
- Competence 3: Delivering a Quality Service.
- Competence 4: Making effective decisions
- Language: English
- Level of language required: Clear written and spoken
Other Skills / Experience / Qualifications:
- Essential on arrival: IT literacy, Administration Skills
- Desirable: Knowledge of Office Machinery, i.e. Photocopier, Printers etc.
- The candidate must be a British passport holder who already has or is able to obtain UK Security Clearance, or another national who has recently lived at least five consecutive years in the UK and may be eligible to obtain UK Security Clearance.
- The candidate must also provide evidence that they have permission to work for the British Deputy High Commission in Nigeria (i.e. that they are a Nigerian passport holder; or hold a Nigerian work permit that allows them to work for a diplomatic mission). Any applicant who does not provide evidence of this will be sifted out at the first stage.
N266, 554 per month
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a short (1 page maximum) covering letter stating why they are a suitable candidate for the position along with a copy of their CV in English, by email to: Recruitment.Africa4@fco.gov.uk
Internal applicants should also submit the above, with a copy of their most recent (last 24 months) appraisals to the same email address.
All candidates: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 01/16 ABJ, and the position you are applying for.
Internal candidates, and spouses of diplomatic officers: Please quote in the subject line, of your email, the Vacancy Notice No: 01/16 ABJ, and the position you are applying for, and also indicate that you are an internal candidate, or spouse of a diplomatic officer.
- All applicants must be legally able to work in Nigeria with the correct visa/status or work permit.
- The British High Commission in Abuja is an equal opportunities employer, dedicated to inclusivity, a diverse workforce and valuing difference.
- Staff members recruited locally by the British High Commission in Abuja are subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Nigerian employment law.
- Spouses/registered partners of UK Based Staff, are able to work within the BHC/BCG but their salary will be abated at the appropriate tax rates.
- Reference checking and security clearances will be conducted.
- If you have not heard from us 3 weeks after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Note: Any questions you may have about this position will only be answered during interview, should you be invited.
- Only electronic applications sent via email will be accepted.