Microsoft Corporation (NASDAQ: MSFT) is an American public multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of products and services predominantly related to computing through its various product divisions. Established on April 4, 1975 to develop and sell BASIC interpreters for the Altair 8800, Microsoft rose to dominate the home computer operating system market with MS-DOS in the mid-1980s, followed by the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems. Microsoft would also come to dominate the office suite market with Microsoft Office. The company has diversified in recent years into the video game industry with the Xbox and its successor, the Xbox 360 as well as into the consumer electronics and digital services market with Zune, MSN and the Windows Phone OS. In May 2011, Microsoft Corporation acquired Skype Communications for $8.5 billion dollars.
- The Sales Excellence Manager (SEM) role is a critical role that has the left-right perspective of the business that will provide critical business and leadership experience.
- The SEM Manager role is a key member of the Area/Subsidiary Leadership Team, acting as a strategic and trusted advisor, and sales coach, running and transforming the business in partnership with the Segment Lead.
- The SEM Manager is a change agent, operationalizing company strategy , leading behavior and culture change and landing seller role accountabilities.
- The SEM Manager runs a rigorous and disciplined business, constantly extrapolating business insights that accelerate segment priorities, optimize operational processes, increases seller productivity and capability, coaching to drive impact growth, revenue and share.
- Shifting focus from operations to growth and transformation: Key responsibilities include but aren’t limited to:
- Operational Excellence
- Manages Budget Cascade
- Manages Quota Process and Cascade
- Manages Segmentation Process
- Drives pipeline standards and hygiene
- Orchestrates and Manages the ROB
- Manages Customer/Partner Planning Rhythm
- Manages T-36-or T-12 and OTRRR process
- Manages the forecast
- Maximizes Budget investments and resource allocations, lands blueprint
- Advisor to sales leaders in understanding compensation and quota allocations
- Leads , drives and monitors Segment growth and recovery planning
- Drives and Monitors Pipeline Health
- Operationalizes strategy by mainstreaming Consumption in to the ROB, driving quality
- Coaches and reviews on account/partner plans
- Leverages TLI’s, and other business insights to identify COE and growth opportunities
- Coaches on cross-sell/upsell opportunities, growth & recovery
- Enables Sales and Services alignment
- Engages with Sales teams, Customers and/or partners to accelerate deals, share operational practices and improve overall pipeline health
- Strategize and support design, requirements and landing of WW processes and tools in partnership with M&O, UES
- Partners with UES and SMSGR to ensure readiness plan quality
- Derive BI from corporate assets to give Segment LT a POV of trends in the business beyond line of sight to forecast future direction
Experiences Required: Key Experiences, Skills and Knowledge:
- Core Competencies: Organizational Leadership , Strategic Insights, Trusted Advisor, Strategic Sales Planning, Sales Team Leadership
- Professional Competencies: Adaptability, Customer Focus, Drive for Results, Influencing Impact, Judgement, Collaboration, Executive Maturity, Value Selling, Analytical Problem Solving
- Experience: 5+ years of related experience in: Sales management/Leadership, Change Management, Business Transformation - Business Management/ Planning
- Bachelor, MBA/Masters a plus with focus on economics, finance, organizational management, business management
- Professional Training: Six Sigma training/certification is a plus
Method of Application
Interested in this position, apply on Microsoft Career Website