Chemonics International seeks a Revenue Administration Advisor for an anticipated USAID funded revenue generation program in Liberia. The program will build the capacity of targeted Government of Liberia institutions to improve domestic revenue mobilization. Program activities will engage stakeholders at various levels, providing education on taxes and their benefits, building tax morale, increasing voluntary compliance, and fostering greater trust between taxpayers and the government.
We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. This position will be based in Monrovia, Liberia and is contingent upon award of the project.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Chemonic seeks candidates with the following technical expertise:
- Bachelor's Degree required: Advanced Degree in Economics, Public Finance, Tax Policy, Public Administration, Law, or other relevant field strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in Tax administration, ICT-assisted revenue collection, taxpayer services or tax audit
- Previous experience with tax reform in Sub-Saharan Africa, including experience working with revenue authorities or similar institutions that jointly undertake tax and customs operations is highly desirable
- Exposure to legal and regulatory development and drafting in the context of revenue administration preferred
- Direct experience with tax/revenue policy and administration, as well as exposure to legal and regulatory development and drafting
- Excellent writing skills, effective interpersonal skills, outstanding management skills, resourcefulness, flexibility, creative problem-solving and ethical management skills
- Fluency in English required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application electronically to: LiberiaRevenueGenerationCOP@chemonics.com Potential candidates will be contacted on a rolling basis and only finalist candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.