Thomson Reuters is the world’s leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to leading decision makers in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges (symbol: TRI).
The Reuters News Agency Account Manager West Africa role is accountable for:
· Managing and growing revenue and market share at designated accounts to maximize customer satisfaction and achieve company's strategic objectives.
· Developing and maintaining client relationships to ultimately drive revenue growth.
· Developing and executing account strategy by collaborating with account team to deliver stronger, more relevant value propositions.Responsibilities:
· Consistently achieve monthly, quarterly, annual sales objectives through securing new business and contract renewals in order to meet and exceed targets as agreed with the Regional Director MEA
· Cultivates customer relationships and ensures effective service delivery to accounts·
Use relevant metrics and measures to routinely monitor progress against targets and take appropriate action to ensure sales and revenue targets are met or exceeded
· Develop a pipeline of opportunities which are systematically qualified, by managing the accounts decision-making process to ensure closed revenues·
Develop new business by maximizing revenue contribution from target accounts through a program of pro-active sales and strategic account management·
Provide sales performance data and information to support management decision-making
· Ensure integrated information management by entering appropriate data into Thomson Reuters Unified Sales Tool (TRUST) and associated sales management applications
· Prepare, present and negotiate Agency solutions and proposals and quotations in professional format in order to acquire new contracts
· Provide accurate and timely account pipeline reports, account plan updates and sales forecasts
· Exercise thought leadership to demonstrate an understanding of the customers business strategies; presenting the compelling value proposition of Reuters Media
· Works with and brings in experts/specialists onto the team where required, has oversight of all account activities
· Coach and lead virtual internal and external teams
· Develop a contact strategy with Editorial and key influencers via teleconference, e-mails, face to face meetings and customer events and relevant media
· Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers maintaining deep relationships with radio engineers and network deployment teams
· Advocate on behalf of the customer with the Reuters Media account team and relevant cross functional departments
· Serve as primary contact for all client needs, requirements and expectations.
This includes but is not limited to; the preparation of quotes, formal proposals, management of change requests and responsibility for liaising with billing and credit control departments
· May provide customer product training as necessary
· Accountable for individual expense budget management
· Strong understanding of customers and their business model and workflows.
· Relationship building skills.
· Selling skills (identity, develop and articulate a complex proposition/consultative selling).
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop and execute a sales plan, ability to use a variety of technology with a high level of proficiency.
· Problem solving - ability to understand, articulate, structure and solve client needs.
· Presentation and communication skills: ability to deliver presentations and communicate at all levels within an organization.
· Ability to collaborate with account team.
Job: Sales Family Group
Primary Location: Lagos, NG
Organization: Finance - Reuters
Education Level: None
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this position, visit Thomson Reuters' Career Website