Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) is a bilateral development agency funded by the Government of Japan as the implementing arm of Japanese Official Development Assistance.
Over the decades JICA has been actively engaging in socio-economic development of the country in various fields, through Technical Cooperation, Grant Assistance and Development Studies. In order for smooth and efficient project managementin parallel with expansion of its operation, JICA is seeking for an in-house consultant with strong competency in administrative skills for project management with a focus on social sector.
Scope of Work
Provide administrative support to ensure that the Programme Team meets the highest standards in compliance with JICA corporate policy and procedures thereby contributing to JICA Nigeria Office’s strategic objectives. As part of the team, the Consultant will contribute to project cycle management including logistic arrangement of the target areas. The Consultant will also engage in administrative works including public relations and document management where necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management with Focus on Social Sector
- Assist planning and formulation of projects/programmes;
- Assist implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects/programmes;
- Collect, analyse and compile data/information in the target areas
- Assist coordination with other stakeholders such as Nigerian MDA’s, International Development Partners, and CSOs/NGOs;
- Engage in procurement of goods and service related to the projects in charge;
- Promote public relations to enhance recognition of JICA operation in Nigeria
- Support resolving problems and queries, liaising with JICA colleagues, project implementers and external stakeholders as required;
- Contribute to knowledge/sharing of information within the team thereby to elaborate cooperation strategy to Nigeria.
- Contribute to strengthening result-oriented management and increasing efficiency and effectiveness of projects/programmes
Procedural and Financial Management
- Ensure accountability in budget management of projects/programmes, such as monitoring disbursement, checking necessary documents and processing payments;
- Assist project implementers to conduct financial audit and reporting in a timely manner.
Administrative Support/Corporate Requirements
- Provide support for office’s PR activities;
- Organize appointments and confirm logistics where necessary;
- Prepare documents for presentation, reporting and others as required
- Other administrative duties that may be assigned.
- A National of Nigeria
- At least Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant fields
- Proven track of relevant experience for more than 5 years among Government, Development Partners or CSOs/NGOs ,etc.
- Extensive capacity in project management with playing key roles in the team
- Strong communication skills to express complex ideas to and negotiate with various stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge and operation skills of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability of time management to ensure all assignments to meet deadlines;
- Understanding of accountability and responsibility in full compliance with JICA regulations and operating procedures;
- Self-disciplined behaviour nature in interaction with internal/external stakeholders; and
- Respect and loyalty to JICA’s Vision, Missions and Principles (Please visit: http://www.jica.go.jp/english/about/mission/ )
The minimum consultancy fee is 190,000Naira per month, depending on experience
Method of Application
Please be noted that only candidates who submit their duly completed designated a location form will be considered. Please submit a completed Application Form by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on 22nd January, 2016.