Urgent Job at ValueFronteira Limited
Posted on: 14 January, 2016
Deadline: 15 January, 2016
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at ValueFronteira Limited
ValueFronteira Limited - Our client, which operates in the downstream segment of the oil sector has a vacancy for the position below:
- The job holder shall be responsible for the effective and efficient management of the company’s overall administrative, human resource and legal architecture.
- The successful candidate shall report directly to the company’s Deputy Managing Director.
- Responsible for all administration functions/activities of the organization;
- Developing HR planning strategies with line managers by considering immediate and long-term staff requirements;
- Recruiting staff by preparing job descriptions and job adverts; deciding on how best to advertise;
- Shortlisting applicants for interview using a variety of selection techniques including psychometric testing Interviewing shortlisted candidates;
- Advising on pay and other issues, including promotion and benefits; administer payroll and maintain staff records;
- Interpreting and advising on employment legislation; develop and implement policies on a variety of workplace issues eg disciplinary procedures, absence management, working conditions, performance management and equal opportunities;
- Listening to grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
- Analysing training needs in conjunction with line managers; planning and delivering training, including staff inductions;
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends;
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices;
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure that where legal risks have been identified, appropriate courses of action have been taken;
- Provide legal protection and risk management advice to management especially on contract
- Provide and interpret legal information, conduct training and disseminate appropriate legal requirements to staff;
- Review and advise management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures;
- Review and draft contracts, agreements and internal policies and ensure that they are in compliance with all statutory or legal requirements;
- Continuously monitor compliance with statutory obligations and advise management accordingly;
- Review all contracts or any other documentation where the Company has committed itself and assess legal implications that need to be brought to the executive management’s attention;
- Prepare, review and modify contractual instruments to assist and support various business activities;
- Negotiate, review and draft documentation for business transactions and prepare and advise on the necessary checklist to be adopted to ensure information is submitted on time;
- Provide continuous leadership, supervision, training and development of department staff ensuring an effective and motivated team;
- Conduct performance appraisals and ensure competency and training gaps are addressed.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Law.
- Must have been called to bar.
- A Master's Degree or any business related qualification will be an added advantage.
Additional Skills & Competences:
- Strong leadership and managerial skills;
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills;
- Demonstrable knowledge of, and experience with, laws dealing with government and/or commercial contract administration, particularly contract negotiation, preparation and administration;
- Demonstrable success in managing and conducting a variety of litigation matters;
- Proven ability to delicately solve sensitive matters.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be female and not less than 30 years of age;
- Be a qualified lawyer who reasonably understands the Nigerian corporate law;
- Have functioned at manager level as a human resource professional;
- Be principled, firm and a good conflict manager;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Selected candidates shall be contacted and invited for oral interviews on Saturday 16th January, 2016.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about ValueFronteira LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Business Development Officer at DataPro Limited
- Job Openings at Telinno Consulting Limited (TCL)
- Job Openings at HRLeverage Africa
- Web Developer/ IT Support at XlevelRetail System Limited
- Specialized Researchers at Navanti
- Jobs at ValueFronteira Limited
- Logistics Co-Ordinator at Beacongate Limited
- Sales Manager at Beacongate Limited