StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Critically, we evaluate issues as they impact your business, and consequently deploy the appropriate skills and competencies to proffer the needed solutions.
Our client is an industrial printing organization. As a result of expansion, the above position has become vacant.
Oversee the Electrical & Mechanical repairs in the organization as well as troubleshoot mechanical issues with printing machines. Responsible for performing routine building maintenance tasks in one or more fields (e.g. electrical; mechanical; carpentry; renovation; and air conditioning (HVAC), etc.); Perform other tasks as assigned.
- Performs electrical maintenance to include but not be limited to replacement or repair of fixtures (e.g. wall switches and outlets, luminous and fluorescent bulbs and tubes, ballast, sockets, fuses, minor appliances, cords, etc.) using appropriate hand, power and specialty tools.
- Provides support by responding to requests for mechanical and electrical problems.
- Troubleshoots basic printer problems; hence the desire for the ideal candidate to have a background from the printing sector/ must have worked on printing machines in the past.
- Performs minor plumbing maintenance (e.g. replacement or repair of leaks in drains and faucets, unclogging of drains, trenching and laying new lines, replacing drain hoses on washers and similar devices, etc.).
- Performs minor painting, carpentry and masonry work (e.g. preparing surfaces and using brush, sprayer, or roller to apply paints, stains, and varnishes, hanging doors, fitting locks and handles, etc.).
- Reconfigures, installs, positions, and remounts modular offices and space (e.g. furniture, wall panels, work surfaces, storage bins, lighting, file cabinets, etc.) to accommodate user needs and maximize office space using various hand, power and specialty tools, dollies and hand trucks.
- Inspects buildings and other structures to determine functional systems and detect malfunctions and needed repair making notes and recommendations.
- Prepares the surfaces and paints various structures and equipment (e.g. walls, evaporative coolers, floors, roofs, doors, restroom facilities, etc.) to preserve wood and metal parts from corrosion and maintain a safe, comfortable working environment using various painting equipment and related tools (e.g. sprayers, rollers, brushes, thinners, etc).
- Wires work station cubicles by studying blueprints; laying-out circuitry for common and dedicated electrical outlets; providing raceways for telephone communications.
- Keeps equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Procures and order parts
- Performs other work related duties as assigned from time to time.
- Preferred candidate must be able to work flexible hours.
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of trade test III; electrical/mechanical degree holders are welcome to apply.
- Minimum of 3 – 4 years experience in facility maintenance.
- Basic understanding of plumbing and carpentry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read, writes, speaks and understands English fluently.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be customer service oriented.
- Ability to evaluate objectively, fairly, and consistently.
- Ability to use common tools.
- Ability to understand and follow directions as given.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Use miscellaneous office equipment (e.g. calculators, computers, scanning machines, copiers, etc.).
Method of Application
Qualified candidates should please forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘Facility Technician’ as subject of mail before 21st, January, 2016.