Ikeja Electricity Distribution Plc, Nigeria's largest power distribution network, came into existence on November 1st, 2013 following the handover of the defunct Power Holding Company Of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/ KEPCO Consortium under the privatization scheme of the Federal Government.
The consortium has the Korean Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO) which generates about 84,000MW in capacity and has a global efficiency record of a maximum down time period of slightly above three minutes annually as technical partners.
This partnership has positioned IE to effectively drive its commitment to deliver efficient and sustainable power supply through investments in new technology, infrastructure upgrade and human capital development.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- Assist in the development and effective implementation of an internal communications strategy, while complying with all IE procedures, rules and code of practice
- Assist in managing all internal communications channels and ensure all employees are fully engaged and aware on all the activities and projects of the company
- To assist in the planning and implementation of communication strategies / campaigns - liaising with appropriate stakeholder groups, defining specific messages to be communicated, audiences to be addressed, selecting the most suitable method of communication etc.
- Support the coordination and management of in-house corporate events, visits and develop in-house campaigns
- Assist in the coverage of Ikeja Electric events - roadshows, projects, corporate visits, exhibitions. Ensure employees are duly informed of these events.
- Ensure all communication and awareness materials are in sync across all business units and undertakings.
- Assist in the managing of internal communications channels, including writing/editing the staff e-newsletter, key internal presentations, noticeboard messages, email and sms messages to employees, awareness material (fliers, posters, pull up banners), roadshows and conferences
- Assist in establishing the budgets required for internal communication and brand management activities, and manage the expenditure
- Assist in creating and managing a social profile for Ikeja Electric on all platforms- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Assist in drafting editorial content, create and upload videos onto web pages
- Enhance social media outlets and opportunities to maintain communication and build fan base.
- Assist in monitoring the main activities of competitors on social media.
- Assist in responding to customer's comments and inquiries, to make them feel valuable. -Customer service
- Assist in the implementation of IE's social media campaigns.
Minimum Requirements (Qualifications & Years of Experience)
- Degree in Journalism/Communications/ Public Relations/Public Affairs or its equivalent
- 1-2 years proven relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the Nigerian Power Sector
- Knowledge of HTML and web site management
Skills & Competencies
Technical & Behavioral Competencies:
- Basic MS Office skills- Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Blogging skills, Self-motivated and confident in making sound business decisions.
- Work creatively with limited resources, Demonstrated sound organizational and coordination skills.
- Proven job reliability, diligence, dedication, attention to detail & Have the ability to sell ideas.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should apply on IKEDC Career Website
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale